Author Topic: Walking Forum meet up in Borrowdale  (Read 4012 times)

jontea

• Veteran Member
Walking Forum meet up in Borrowdale
« on: 08:32:00, 27/04/19 »

Another fantastic weekend forum meet up, this time, based at the Borrowdale YHA. The weather was almost perfect for the ten members who attended. Hopefully I've gone some way to do the weekend some justice in the photos taken  O0 

Day 1 Friday 12/4/19 Bessyboot/Rosthwaite Fell, Glaramara and Allen Crag

https://johntrowsdale.blogspot.com/2019/04/walking-forum-meet-friday-bessyboot.html

Day 2 Saturday 13/4/19 Great End, Scafell Pike, and Lingmell
https://johntrowsdale.blogspot.com/2019/04/walking-forum-meet-saturday-great-end.html

Day 3 Sunday 14/4/19 Great Crag and Grange Fell.
https://johntrowsdale.blogspot.com/2019/04/walking-forum-meet-sunday-great-crag.html
« Last Edit: 08:47:26, 27/04/19 by jontea »
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

madame cholet

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking Forum meet up in Borrowdale
« Reply #1 on: 09:14:57, 27/04/19 »
Looks like a great time I'll be b there in May for 3 nights
Great things are done when women and mountains meet.

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:15:08, 27/04/19 »
Looks like a great weekend was had by all, Jontea. Really enjoyed the blog posts, perfect reading matter as I work my way through a Saturday morning pot of tea, and some fantastic photos too!  O0 :)

Great stuff, cheers! O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:39:11, 27/04/19 »
Great write up John, thanks for doing this.  Looks like a cracking walk on the Fridayt and Sunday too.  Looking forward to the next one.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:47:19, 27/04/19 »
Great TR and photos. Nice to put faces and names to forum usernames. Obviously a great time had by all O0 Actually a bit envious :(
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:58:44, 27/04/19 »
Great TR and pics John O0  Looks like a brilliant weekend
I was all set to join you on Saturday as I've never ascended Great End by The Band till my wife reminded me that the Saturday was my grandsons 2nd birthday  :-[

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:03:12, 27/04/19 »
Brilliant write up and pics jontea  O0   What a fabulous sounding weekend.

Thanks for taking the time to put the TR together so us "mere mortals" could join the forum meet "in spirit"  :)

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 11:31:25, 27/04/19 »
[quote author=Mel link=topic=38372.msg545490#msg545490 date=1556359392

Thanks for taking the time to put the TR together so us "mere mortals" could join the forum meet "in spirit"  :)
 O0 O0 O0 Couldn't have put it better. Such a slow walker as myself can only take vicarious pleasure in the faster walks of others.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 12:03:43, 27/04/19 »
Thanks for that jontea glad you guys had a good time.

[quote author=Mel link=topic=38372.msg545490#msg545490 date=1556359392

O0 O0 O0 Couldn't have put it better. Such a slow walker as myself can only take vicarious pleasure in the faster walks of others.

Maybe one day we could do a meet up of the forum mortals if there's enough of us.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 12:16:39, 27/04/19 »
Good stuff John. O0

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 12:48:29, 27/04/19 »
Enjoyed the TRs jontea    :)   Looks like everyone had a great weekend

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 13:00:54, 27/04/19 »
Thanks for that jontea glad you guys had a good time.

Maybe one day we could do a meet up of the forum mortals if there's enough of us.
These meets are as much about the time in the hostel in the morning and the pub in the evening as the walking. For me anyway.

I am quite keen on the idea of a meet where we can split up and do two different walks each day to accommodate as many people as possible.

yorksgal

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 14:41:38, 27/04/19 »
Excellent John, thanks for taking the time to write this up.  Certainly captured an excellent weekend and great to catch up with everyone also  :)

Here's to the next O0

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 14:54:21, 27/04/19 »
These meets are as much about the time in the hostel in the morning and the pub in the evening as the walking. For me anyway.

I am quite keen on the idea of a meet where we can split up and do two different walks each day to accommodate as many people as possible.

This sounds like a cracking idea to me if a few people came. I'd have to get a separate room in the hostel though (or camp), I've been told I snore like a buzz saw. Hopefully there's other walkers closer to my abilities interested.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 15:19:33, 27/04/19 »

Thanks very much for the great comments, obviously there is so much I have missed out, as such a lot goes on in three days, and this was just my experience.

I wholeheartedly agree with Percy on this. As he says, its about meeting up with forum members and enjoying some quality time with like-minded people, especially in the evenings.

This has now become a very welcoming group of regulars, who were all strangers to each other at one time or another, but hopefully now have a lasting friendship.

The problem is choosing walks and locations that will attract new people to spend a weekend with a group of people they've never met before.

I personally would love to see a variety of walking day or weekend meets on this forum of all levels of ability  O0

Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy