Author Topic: Badgers and Foxes  (Read 4073 times)

judi.judi

Re: Badgers and Foxes
« Reply #30 on: 19:38:27, 07/06/10 »
Brilliant. Used to get foxes using our garden as a run but not had any for ages. The only badgers we've seen are dead ones :( We get quite a few bats flying about though.
we are lucky but used to them now. I still love to watch the squirrells they have so much charicture they are great

mick

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 20:17:18, 07/06/10 »
Thanks for sharing, the photos are fantastic,  O0 O0 I am really green with envy, I have seen several fox’s on my trips, but have only ever seen dead badgers on the road side,  :( alought when we where stopping at a camp site on the Scottish boarders, the warden did take us to a sett ? Where we sat down and waited, they didn’t come out till it was pitch black, you could hear them and make out ghostly shapes moving around but even if they put on high visibility coats on you still couldn’t see them. But it was still a very rewarding experience.
Thanks again.

judi.judi

« Reply #32 on: 20:27:13, 07/06/10 »
Thanks for sharing, the photos are fantastic,  O0 O0 I am really green with envy, I have seen in.
Thanks Mick its something we take for granted , when friends come round and a badger comes walzing down the garden they go mad, the security light is activated by them which they dont take any notice of so its like watching them in day light.  YeARS ago i remember my Father taking us to a badger set and we sat for hours and seen thies black things come out little to know what we would have later.

Annejacko

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 12:42:55, 08/06/10 »
Super photos. I've never seen a live badger in the flesh, only ones I come accross have been killed on the road. :(

Plenty of urban foxes round my way. I was surprised to read about the fox attack on the 9 month old babies in London. A very rare occurence fortunately.
Enjoy every sandwich

JulianC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 12:47:20, 08/06/10 »
I was surprised to read about the fox attack on the 9 month old babies in London.

Call me cynical but something isn't quite right about that story. Mate's dog anyone?

judi.judi

« Reply #35 on: 13:01:46, 08/06/10 »
Call me cynical but something isn't quite right about that story. Mate's dog anyone?
I said exactly the same feel awful for saying but the story dosent add up. The foxes we get most nights are so timid if food comes on to the patio they wont venture right near the house let alone in . 

susiej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 18:52:49, 08/06/10 »
I said exactly the same feel awful for saying but the story dosent add up. The foxes we get most nights are so timid if food comes on to the patio they wont venture right near the house let alone in . 
I have to admit, I thought the same, firstly when I read that they attacked the babies upstairs and then when  read that the family had left french windows open as it was so hot...not desperately unusual but they live in Hackney...they are lucky they didn't get a drug crazed crack-head sneaking in, let alone a fox!  On the other hand I guess as with all creatures, there will be rogue ones who could act out of character for the species/breed etc...whatever happened...poor babies  :-[
take it easy...but take it

www.yogaunionswansea.org

ken

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 20:35:50, 08/06/10 »
just thought that I wold add my opinion to the last three posts on this thread , having lived in London until recently I can say that the urban fox down here is certainly not a shy bestie and on more than one occasion I have had to chase them out of my house (with sum difficulty as they do not back down) these Fox's are becoming more brazen all the time, and this sort of attack could happen again unless sum thing is dun to control the numbers,I'm not suggesting a cull but they do need to be controlled sum how. :-\
147 to go and counting

susiej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 21:22:56, 08/06/10 »
Maybe it's an inevitable effect of living in an inner city environment...it's not natural for anyone  :-[
take it easy...but take it

www.yogaunionswansea.org

judi.judi

« Reply #39 on: 21:57:40, 08/06/10 »
just thought that I wold add my opinion to the last three posts on this thread , having lived in London until recently I can say that the urban fox down here is certainly not a shy bestie and on more than one occasion I have had to chase them out of my house (with sum difficulty as they do not back down) these Fox's are becoming more brazen all the time, and this sort of attack could happen again unless sum thing is dun to control the numbers,I'm not suggesting a cull but they do need to be controlled sum how. :-\
if thats the case then yes something should be done i always worry incase one comes in the cat flap for food the other side.  My heart goes out to the babies what ever has happened.

OutW4lking

« Reply #40 on: 11:55:26, 09/06/10 »
Hi and great photos! I’ve seen a few badgers when I’ve been out walking but only managing a brief glimpse before they disappear! Must be fantastic to see so may at once and so close!  

judi.judi

« Reply #41 on: 12:00:04, 09/06/10 »
Hi and great photos! I’ve seen a few badgers when I’ve been out walking but only managing a brief glimpse before they disappear! Must be fantastic to see so may at once and so close!
  Hi  Thankyou and welcome to the forum, i havent met anyone yet but they are really helpful im sure you wont be short of people to walk with in Edinburgh. :)

OutW4lking

« Reply #42 on: 12:27:44, 09/06/10 »
Hi and thanks for the welcome, just moved to Edinburgh so still finding my feet but hopefully will be out and about soon.  

judi.judi

« Reply #43 on: 12:33:01, 09/06/10 »
Hi and thanks for the welcome, just moved to Edinburgh so still finding my feet but hopefully will be out and about soon.
  Just moved there lucky you.  Have only ever been there once couple years a go quick 2 days to look at university for my Daughter  but was impressed and the people were lovely, like to go back at some point, but long way away from us. :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy