Author Topic: Every Autumn Photo Tells a Story  (Read 28350 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
Re: Every Autumn Photo Tells a Story
« Reply #75 on: 11:36:03, 01/11/16 »
Beautiful Autumn photo,

Thanks BWW, I felt I was getting into a rut with landscapes so big thanks for pusting a great wildlife shot, stunning.

Am loving this autumn it seems to be going on forever, we have been going out every day and got hundreds of photos.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: 18:57:08, 01/11/16 »

Yes Autumn the photo was taken 4/11/2015 and entered in a altered reality comp a couple of weeks later.

Oops, silly me, I didn't realise this thread was for photos that had been taken during autumn. I just assumed it meant people would post photos of autumn scenery and the colourful landscapes that we have just now  :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: 19:08:29, 01/11/16 »
Well, now we've established that the photo was taken in Autumn, I'm curious to know how it ties in with the theme of this, the WALKING forum, and the Photography Board's description of "Post your UK WALKING Photos Here"

.... definitely some altered reality going on... have you been nibbling on some autumnal magic mushrooms MWM?

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: 20:08:08, 01/11/16 »

Beautiful Autumn photo,
I walked today to a favourite bridge, as I approached a circling heron made as if to land in the river near the bridge, tethering Mrs BWW who would stride straight on, then look about, I merged into the hedge and cautiously tried to find a view up the River Roden. I could not see the Heron but a flash of red drew my eye to a gate a few yards up the river and we got a full on view of a kingfisher sitting on it, too quick to photograph we were treated to a fully visible flight up stream and then a few moments later it flew back down stream giving an electric blue flash that was again too quick for me to catch on camera.

So I had to make do with a slower moving subject to capture my autumn colours;

Well I could not resist the photo I was unable to take so with a little bit of hanki-panki I have come up with picture my imagination tells me should have been had I been very fast on the button;
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: 23:31:45, 01/11/16 »
That's clever bww   O0
Is that another case of altered reality  :o
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: 09:29:25, 02/11/16 »
That's clever bww   O0
Is that another case of altered reality  :o
thanks, 'altered reality' in an outdoor setting :D
BWW

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: 09:18:20, 04/11/16 »
« Last Edit: 09:52:11, 04/11/16 by midweekmountain »

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #82 on: 09:32:27, 04/11/16 »
All the photos seem to have dropped off this thread so its once again time to cose it down.

Big thanks to everyone who supported and contributed to this thread.............
« Last Edit: 09:59:47, 04/11/16 by midweekmountain »

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: 19:16:44, 04/11/16 »
All the photos seem to have dropped off this thread so its once again time to cose it down.

Why?  You said yourself in your opening post:

....if anyone wants to contribute feel free. 

As Winter approaches the topic will naturally drop down the boards anyway ... and possibly be resurrected next Autumn, so there's no reason for people to stop posting their autumnal walking pictures  O0

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: 10:47:47, 05/11/16 »
Am loving this autumn it seems to be going on forever, we have been going out every day and got hundreds of photos.

Don't think Autumn has quite given way to Winter yet;

so there's no reason for people to stop posting their autumnal walking pictures    O0

I think this topic has an added bit of spice, it's name suggests that those posting pictures, should tell a story. I no longer visit the higher, wilder and more remote places and looking back at the time I did I am ashamed of the arrogance I felt because I thought myself superior in walking in more difficult places. Life is a learning curve however far you are along the course destiny has set, trying to interpret terrain is the puzzle we all set ourselves when we start out on a walk and I made it a little bit more difficult for myself by forgetting to check my pockets for my compass last week.
Looking back through the photos I took on that walk I found this. I took it because the gorse bush to the left gave a vivid splash of yellow, to contrast against the background of autumnal colours, but what you see is not always the picture you can take. I took the shot without any gorse flowers, because that side of the bush was devoid of blooms, I then took a photograph of the side of the bush with the flowers so that I could play around with the image at home. Still need to bring out the intensity of that yellow.

To the left of the gorse bush is a track, more of a verdant tunnel leading down to a holding called Cefn Ddu, though the sun was still quite high in the sky, light was starting to fail as Cefn Ddu was starting to live up to the latter part of its name. I could not seem to set the map and every time I got it right I landed up walking to Cefn Ddu. I knew that I had to settle on a direction to walk in, but the time it would be light was ample for the time left provided we go in the right direction.
From this picture it looks as if the choice should be quite simple, but I was near too panic, logic must prevail, and we set out in the direction logic said go but every time I took my eyes off the map then looked at it again my eyes were drawn to Cefn Ddu too close to where I was intending to get to.

We set off and as we climbed the ridge in the direction of the track highlighted, things seemed to add up and my inherent sense of direction clicked in, I knew I was reading the map correctly. I still could not understand the cause for my confusion.

Not until we got home and I started to plot our actual route on my PC to store in 'my walks' file. I FOUND the reason, there were two Cefn Ddu's DDDDUUUUUUeeeeewwwwww!!!!!!!!!

In my experience to date there can be some very confusing terrain, where you least expect it.
BWW

Wurz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: 16:07:08, 05/11/16 »
Some shrooms from yesterdays dog walk about 7km and a landscape from today's of just over 9km.

Lots of Shrooms

Even Moor Shrooms

Shrooms

River of Gold

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: 08:50:18, 06/11/16 »
The golden shrooms are gorgeous
« Last Edit: 08:07:23, 07/11/16 by Jac »
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: 11:50:38, 06/11/16 »
Fantastic pictures, Wurz - just goes to show that sometimes the most amazing views can be on a far smaller scale than mountains and valleys if you take time to look around you.  O0

werringtonwalker

« Reply #88 on: 13:00:19, 06/11/16 »
Another one loving the mushrooms - especially the first one.
In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks - John Muir

PeakRambler

« Reply #89 on: 18:05:19, 10/11/16 »
Three photos from a recent trip to Baddesley Clinton, a medieval moated manor house, followed by a close up of a sycamore leaf

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy