Author Topic: Another zip wire plan, this time across Thirlmere  (Read 39821 times)

Glyno

• Veteran Member
Re: Another zip wire plan, this time across Thirlmere
« Reply #240 on: 16:03:50, 05/02/18 »
Terry Abraham v Mike Turnip this morning, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05vm1q7#play (from approx 13 mins)

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #241 on: 18:03:48, 05/02/18 »
Thanks Glyno  O0
I think Turnip must be organic because he's full of bull  :D

Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #242 on: 18:18:43, 05/02/18 »
Terry Abraham will be on the Inside Out North East and Cumbria programme tonight, which is on BBC1 at 7:30, discussing the Zip Wire.

Thanks LL, I hope Mike Turnip isn't on as well, I've had enough of listening to the rubbish that comes out of his mouth.

Terry Abraham v Mike Turnip this morning, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05vm1q7#play (from approx 13 mins)

Thanks Glyno. I listened for 10 minutes, the usual load of tripe from Turnip. 4x4 trucks travelling up a steep hillside all day will not be environmentally damaging, what [censored]
Hate will never win

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #243 on: 22:13:03, 05/02/18 »
Here is the link to Inside Out. Sadly, too much Turnip and no Terry. It seems it is only a few locals who want to save Squirrel Nutkin who are opposed to the zip wire! I think Mike Turner must have put the Imperious Curse on Chris Jackson  :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09qr6bh
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #244 on: 22:28:05, 05/02/18 »
I cant bring myself to watch them, I know it will only wind me up.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #245 on: 22:37:36, 05/02/18 »
Honister was featured as well  :)

I wish I hadn't watched it, I feel so let down by BBC Look North East and Cumbria. I thought Chris Jackson would base his report on actual facts. He based this one on Mike Turner's ridiculous nonsense.
Hate will never win

Lakeland Lorry

« Reply #246 on: 09:03:17, 06/02/18 »
I wish I hadn't watched it, I feel so let down by BBC Look North East and Cumbria. I thought Chris Jackson would base his report on actual facts. He based this one on Mike Turner's ridiculous nonsense.

I'm in complete agreement with you April.   Thought the whole report was biased towards Mike Turner.   Very disappointing.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #247 on: 09:53:05, 06/02/18 »
I can't bring myself to watch him any more - I don't think it would matter what subject he was talking about, I would just want to punch him  >:( !

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #248 on: 20:19:38, 06/02/18 »
Thought the whole report was biased towards Mike Turner.   Very disappointing.

It was disappointing, I had thought Chris Jackson was a fair-minded reporter  :(

I don't think it would matter what subject he was talking about, I would just want to punch him  >:( !

And you seemed like such a nice bloke  :o  ;D

I know exactly what you mean because I feel exactly the same way about Mike Turnip  :tickedoff:
Hate will never win

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #249 on: 19:51:53, 09/02/18 »
 :)

Mike Turner has posted  on Zip Offs facebook page unhappy at some of the things that have been posted about him and his company on the facebook page.

Here is his post
"Enough is enough zip off, whoever the hell you all are. You’re all clearly happy to attack me personally without any thought for the truth or the impact your spurious allegations have on my family, friends or staff and the customers of treetop trek.  My name is Mike Turner, my personal email address is [email protected], I live in the village of Storth in South Lakeland and have absolutely nothing to hide or be ashamed of. Perhaps you will all be so kind as to declare yourselves?
For anyone reading this who believes all the nonsense written on this site I have absolutely nothing to say but for anyone with a shred of common decency I hererby invite you to contact me directly and I will be happy to arrange a face to face meeting where you can question the rational behind our proposal and meet face to face the fantastic people who work for treetop trek. You can ask them yourselves what the company is like and how we treat them and our customers.
To be clear, I have absolutely nothing against anyone who opposes our Thirlmere proposal or any desire to try to change your minds, last time I checked this was a free country. There is nothing wrong with two sides disagreeing however there is surely a line of honesty and integrity that should not be crossed. If it is your (zip off) intention to antagonise or bully me then pat yourselves on the back as you’ve succeeded in that task. In the interest of common decency and the integrity of this site and the important debate in hand I can only ask you politely to please stick to the facts and matters in hand"

Please send any emails to [email protected] if you want to give your opinion about "nonsense", "common decency", "rational behind our proposal", "a line of honesty and integrity that should be crossed" and "stick to the facts". These are statements that Mike Turnip will find difficult to back up.

Here is a link to a job advertised on Zip World. Who could possibly get a mortgage based on this contract anywhere, never mind the Lake District?

https://www.zipworld.co.uk/jobs/instructor-at-zip-world-slate-caverns-blaenau-ffestiniog1

https://www.zipworld.co.uk/jobs/cafe-assistant2

Mike Turner IMHO if you had any common decency your jobs would be either fulltime or part time with fixed hours with a proper contract and not just for one season. £8.50 after training? Integrity? If you had any you most certainly would not be planning to desecrate Thirlmere, the birthplace of the modern conservation movement. Oh and IMHO you BULLIED the parish council at St Johns, Castlerigg and Wythburn. See the document on the planning application from your company on LDNPA website, I read that in utter amazement at your total arrogance. Every tv/radio/newspaper interview I've seen and heard about what you have said since, has confirmed to me, that you are the most arrogant, ridiculous, misleading, avaricious, narcissistic, awful human being that I never hope to meet face to face.
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #250 on: 20:32:46, 09/02/18 »
Wow and 100 percent right April .

He talks of bullying having,seemingly, nailed the media to his cause.

Those terms and conditions are ridiculous - how is that going to keep young people in Cumbria?  I can't believe the arrogance and willingness to lie of the man.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #251 on: 23:52:20, 09/02/18 »
You know how President Trump is happy to spout any old load of bow-locks but then gets all sulky if anyone calls him out.

I can't imagine what made me think of that.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #252 on: 12:49:46, 12/02/18 »
Here is an interesting trip report from wainwrightwalking.co.uk

http://www.wainwrightwalking.co.uk/thirlmere-and-the-zip-wire/

Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #253 on: 14:12:31, 12/02/18 »
Really interesting report - and shows the lengths to which UU are going to bend over backwards, and the contempt in which they hold the natural environment, particularly when it gets in the way of a buck or two.

Paul

Addingham

« Reply #254 on: 17:14:41, 14/02/18 »
Really interesting report - and shows the lengths to which UU are going to bend over backwards, and the contempt in which they hold the natural environment, particularly when it gets in the way of a buck or two.

Paul

Interesting although quite a lot of it was not actually about the zipwire fiasco. It was about the way trees are felled as they were planted as a crop and the need to upgrade forestry tracks to accommodate modern machinery. This happens all over the UK where felling occurs and to widen forest track does not need planning permission unless destruction of certain artefacts.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy