Author Topic: Flickr  (Read 10334 times)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Flickr
« Reply #15 on: 16:57:50, 12/03/18 »
I am having problems with photobucket too and am shifting to Flicker but anything I put below my pic becomes a link to my Flicker account, how do I stop that?

« Last Edit: 17:01:14, 12/03/18 by Ridge »

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 17:20:05, 12/03/18 »
I don't see a link with your photo (very nice) Mark, but you need to edit the info at start and end of file, leaving just the IMG brackets before posting.

I wasn't sure what to take out, but just checked on 'Preview' first  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 17:24:23, 12/03/18 »
John , it is if I type below the picture it becomes a link so that people can click on it and get to my pictures, like this!

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 17:30:52, 12/03/18 »
Ah haa I’m learning  :)

Glad you picked a good one  O0

Instagram  jontea62

rockhopper353

« Reply #19 on: 23:19:25, 10/11/18 »
I'm trying to post photos to a post from the Flickr app on my phone, I've tried putting the link in the message box or using the photo icon but all I get when looking at the preview is the url link and no photo. Any help it's really frustrating me now!

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 23:48:11, 10/11/18 »
I don't know how to do it from the Flickr app but I can tell you how to do it from a PC if that's any help. You can do this from your mobile too if you're using Android and Google Chrome, just press the three little dots in the top right of the web browser window and select "Desktop site".

You need the URL of the photo itself not the URL of the Flickr page for the photo. You can get the URL of your own images on Flickr. To get this on a PC (in your web browser):

Click on the photo you want to share to open it.
Click the Download icon (it's the arrow with a line below it, second icon in from the bottom right of the page)
Click View all sizes.
Select the size of photo you want.
Right-click the image | select Copy image URL or copy image address (depends on browser what it says).

For Android instead of Right clicking the image, hold your finger down on it, select open in new tab then select and copy the image address out of the URL bar of the image when it opens in the new tab.
« Last Edit: 23:52:20, 10/11/18 by Rob Goes Walking »

rockhopper353

« Reply #21 on: 00:52:25, 11/11/18 »

rockhopper353

« Reply #22 on: 00:55:46, 11/11/18 »

rockhopper353

« Reply #23 on: 00:57:27, 11/11/18 »
Apologies, attempted to post a photo from Flickr on my phone but failing miserably. I did read through your tutorial but don't know what I'm doing wrong, tired now bed time 😴

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 01:01:18, 11/11/18 »
Apologies, attempted to post a photo from Flickr on my phone but failing miserably. I did read through your tutorial but don't know what I'm doing wrong, tired now bed time

Sorry I didn't explain it clearly enough, I tried.  :(  Sleep well.

You can preview posts before you make them to see what they will look like (press Preview instead of Save) and modify posts you've already posted instead of making new ones for a while after you post them (press Modify in the top right of your post in the thread).

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 08:31:15, 11/11/18 »
I use my laptop to transfer photos onto the forum site from Flickr as I’ve had no joy from my mobile.

This is how I go about it

On Flickr:- (top black bar) go to cloud ‘upload’ option.

(Press blue bar) choose photo and video

Select file and photo (double click it)

If more than one photo, select add (top left)

For just one photo, select blue box top right of screen ‘upload’

In the ‘Photostream’ option double click the photo to share

Select ‘share photo’ (arrow bottom right)

Select size 480x640

Right click on the image file to highlight and then click to copy

Go to forum post, and on the page, right click. Select ‘paste’ option.

In forum ‘preview’ option edit out text upto ‘IMG’

...........and post

Note writing below this will create a link to Flickr

Good luck  O0

Instagram  jontea62

rockhopper353

« Reply #26 on: 10:29:01, 11/11/18 »
Apologies, nothing wrong with both explanations, I just haven't got access to a pc so was attempting to do it on my phone but all I could see when Ihit preview every time was the url. In the end I tried posting to see if it would be any different but to no avail.
Don't think the site is particularly mobile friendly, any other forum I use these days, you just use a insert photo tab and go straight from your gallery.

Thanks for trying to help.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 11:51:37, 11/11/18 »
I'm trying to post photos to a post from the Flickr app on my phone, I've tried putting the link in the message box or using the photo icon but all I get when looking at the preview is the url link and no photo. Any help it's really frustrating me now!

Don’t worry as it can’t be done on the App. You can log into your Flickr account using your phone’s internet browser and get the code for your photo from there.

Or, save the photo to your phones ‘camera roll’ and then post it to a Photobucket account if you have one and then get the code from there. Seems daft using a second App but it’s a solution.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

rockhopper353

« Reply #28 on: 09:17:14, 12/11/18 »
Don’t worry as it can’t be done on the App. You can log into your Flickr account using your phone’s internet browser and get the code for your photo from there.

Or, save the photo to your phones ‘camera roll’ and then post it to a Photobucket account if you have one and then get the code from there. Seems daft using a second App but it’s a solution.

Cheers Bri, I've started using tinypic now but it's weird how all the landscape photos get elongated when posted!

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 13:09:05, 12/11/18 »

Cheers Bri, I've started using tinypic now but it's weird how all the landscape photos get elongated when posted!

rockhopper, when I view your thread 
http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=37512.0 on my laptop the photos aren't elongated. It's only when I view them on my phone that some of them are.  Afraid I've no idea why!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy