Author Topic: New member  (Read 3492 times)

Troggy

« on: 12:43:08, 16/03/18 »
Hello All,
Luckily enough, I stumbled across this forum earlier today. I wondered what had happened to OMF and the characters on it. Anyway, first thing I saw was a post from Skip, which explained what had been happening. Greetings Skip, (hope to get on a camp with some good characters later this year) and Dave, and no doubt more firends of OM are in here somewhere.
So glad that the demise of OM has lead to a Phoenix like alternative here. Great stuff.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: 14:00:21, 16/03/18 »
Welcome, although not sure of a phoenix like rise, this site has been around for years  O0
Where there's a will ...

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:02:42, 16/03/18 »
Welcome from Portsmouth

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:38:27, 16/03/18 »
Welcome from Cheshire.
OMF is not dead, it just smells funny!. Actually it was resurrected last week, right now the board stats show 425 users online of which 7 are members ( I'm GeoffC over there). Subjectively it seems a mere shadow of its former self, though some past aspects are best forgotten (like the Goretex/Paramo flame wars).

Woodsman

« Reply #4 on: 08:27:44, 18/03/18 »
Hi and welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay. O0
Cheers
          Kevin

Skip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:11:21, 18/03/18 »
Troggy, what a nice surprise  :)

How the Devil are you? Still getting out and about and still camping? Hope all is well with you.

Skip

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:51:06, 19/03/18 »
Welcome to the forum Troggy, from me in Cheshire  O0

So glad that the demise of OM has lead to a Phoenix like alternative here. Great stuff.

While it’s always nice to get new and experienced like minded folk joining the forum bringing fresh ideas, implying this forum burnt out some time ago just isn’t true, certainly in the last few years I’ve been here, it’s gone from strength to strength  O0

Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 11:34:15, 19/03/18 »
While it’s always nice to get new and experienced like minded folk joining the forum bringing fresh ideas, implying this forum burnt out some time ago just isn’t true, certainly in the last few years I’ve been here, it’s gone from strength to strength  O0

Welcome Troggy,

I few visited the OM a site a few months back, didn't seem to get many hits per day, seemed to be posts about buying an item of kit and one poster with an opinion about everything except you never really got to know what his opinion was.

Perhaps you will find this forum more interesting and varied, we all look forward to hands on (or should it be feet on) contribution. I came here a few years ago after the old Rambler's forum expired, back then the members here made one really earn his or her's spurs.

I had been a member of the forum that was hosted by the publishers of the magazines trail and country walking, funny name then the layout, went all 'Laura Ashley'. It went all 'gearified', then collapsed.

My Welcome from Shropshire, though I haunt the Welsh Marches either on a Righteous way or not.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 12:04:23, 19/03/18 »
Hi Troggy and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

RogerA

« Reply #9 on: 15:41:52, 19/03/18 »
Welcome from North Warwickshire

Troggy

« Reply #10 on: 17:37:48, 19/03/18 »
JohnT, No mate, I wasn't intending to imply anything; and certainly not this forum, as I only found it the day before I joined! So my apologies if that's what it read like but my English ain't not no wise, much cop! It's just that I enjoyed some years looking and posting on OMF, then took time off to try and resolve some flamin health things (now sorted...sort of!)

Skip, it's great to hear from you mate and hope we can meet up in a forthcoming adventure! I've been out a bit; but not nearly as much as I would have liked.

Thank you all for the welcome posts that have got and I hope to meet you all, or at least some of you on future jaunts. I'm from Liverpool, so might not be able to reach too many day walks; but I'll look forward to some camps. 

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 13:41:58, 21/03/18 »
JohnT, No mate, I wasn't intending to imply anything; and certainly not this forum, as I only found it the day before I joined! So my apologies if that's what it read like but my English ain't not no wise, much cop! It's just that I enjoyed some years looking and posting on OMF
Hi Troggy, no offence taken, I’m looking forward to your future post, and once again.......welcome  O0

Instagram  jontea62

Troggy

« Reply #12 on: 22:22:46, 21/03/18 »
Johntea. Good! Thanks for replying and I've been looking at your post on the "where do you walk during the week." What a nice calm place it looks. We've got the Leeds - Liverpool canal. Really popular in summer but quite peaceful until the Easter hols. I'm going to put my regular walk round where I live on there in a minute.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 22:59:50, 21/03/18 »
Johntea. Good! Thanks for replying and I've been looking at your post on the "where do you walk during the week." What a nice calm place it looks. We've got the Leeds - Liverpool canal. Really popular in summer but quite peaceful until the Easter hols. I'm going to put my regular walk round where I live on there in a minute.
Thanks Troggy, I’m very lucky to have this on my doorstep, Although my heart belongs in the Lake District. But due to recent surgery, my fitness limits me to staying local........still lovely though  O0

Instagram  jontea62

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 09:05:42, 22/03/18 »
Hello and welcome from North Wales

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy