Author Topic: Raven Crag & Castle Crag Footpath - Temporary(?) Closure  (Read 860 times)

photonut

It would seem that the footpath from Thirlmere up to Raven Crag is closed for at least 6 months... perhaps longer, due to storm damaged trees.  Here is the link to the Lake District National Park document:

http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/1160219/270318-Made-Order-Raven-Crag-and-Round-Mount.pdf

Additionally, the road flanking the western side of Thirlmere seems to be closed too:

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/highways-pavements/roads/road-works/newroadworksmap.asp

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Raven Crag & Castle Crag Footpath - Temporary(?) Closure
« Reply #1 on: 12:41:05, 03/04/18 »
Aye it is a long time to be closed but there has been a lot of damage there  :( I hope they open the road and paths as quickly as they can, a lot of people come here because it is peaceful.
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:00:27, 03/04/18 »
If they're anything like round our way they'll take the order for as long as possible but look to get the work done as quickly as they can once they get started. 

And Lee - the forest track round the north side of Raven Crag is a nice alternative too.

photonut

« Reply #3 on: 14:03:10, 03/04/18 »
If they're anything like round our way they'll take the order for as long as possible but look to get the work done as quickly as they can once they get started. 

And Lee - the forest track round the north side of Raven Crag is a nice alternative too.

Nice one Paul.  I was wondering if that was possible as I wasn't sure if it has the same access rights as the footpath.  Thank you  O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:38:52, 03/04/18 »
Not sure about the access rights as it's not marked as a ROW but I've used it.  There was some cutting activity in the area, but not on the day I was there.

Paul

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy