Author Topic: [TR] St Davids to Solva  (Read 1649 times)

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
[TR] St Davids to Solva
« on: 08:33:18, 02/07/18 »
A 5.5 mile walk from St Davids to Solva in scorching heat with the family. Probably the last walk I take the family on, the weren't impressed  :D

https://myadventures3.blogspot.com/2018/07/st-davids-to-solva-pembrokeshire-30th.html

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] St Davids to Solva
« Reply #1 on: 09:48:52, 03/07/18 »
Ah, brings back some fond memories for me.  Think it's about time I revisited Pembrokeshire :)

Lovely pics O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Welsh Rambler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:21:49, 03/07/18 »
That's a well researched trip report and some lovely pictures. Well done  O0

Brings back some very happy memories of that area, we were there on honeymoon almost 53 years ago! :)

Regards Keith

[Rgmw]largie

« Reply #3 on: 22:04:01, 03/07/18 »
It's a lovely stretch and a shame it was so hot you couldn't get round to Solva itself :- the final stretch is down to the harbour and along to lower Solva for a pint and the bus back.

I'll  be back down in 3 weeks myself and can't wait !

Cheers

Dave

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 05:57:06, 04/07/18 »

I went down into Solva that evening for food and a pint,  couldn't expect the family or dog to walk any further in that heat! A gorgeous part of the world!

[Rgmw]largie

« Reply #5 on: 19:26:08, 04/07/18 »
I went down into Solva that evening for food and a pint,  couldn't expect the family or dog to walk any further in that heat! A gorgeous part of the world!

It is :-) I've been going for 54 years as my mother is from the village and we will be staying in my grand parents cottage again :-)

Some lovely walks from lower Solva :- up the Gribin is classic for reason but watch out for the walk back up from Gwadan !

Dave

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:09:07, 04/07/18 »

It is :-) I've been going for 54 years as my mother is from the village and we will be staying in my grand parents cottage again :-)

Some lovely walks from lower Solva :- up the Gribin is classic for reason but watch out for the walk back up from Gwadan !

Dave

I'll check out the Gribin , Im sure to return!

[Rgmw]largie

« Reply #7 on: 21:10:06, 04/07/18 »

Dave

I'll check out the Gribin , Im sure to return!

It's like Royston Vasey Chris :- you'll never leave !  

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy