Author Topic: TR 2 dayer in the Northern Fells Sat 22 to Sun 23 Sep 18  (Read 2802 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: TR 2 dayer in the Northern Fells Sat 22 to Sun 23 Sep 18
« Reply #15 on: 16:58:58, 27/09/18 »

Lovely photos, April.

The colour of the dying grass in the late afternoon sunshine is so intense, and I bet that the morning mist over Bassenthwaite was gorgeous.

Good sky colour too - we get a lot like that in Orkney, especially in late June as the sun barely sets. Sometimes it is hard to go to bed!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:35:16, 27/09/18 »
Maybe you should make a report about it on this website:   https://killercows.co.uk/

:o Thanks for this Lakeland Lorry, I will report it on there too. The lack of near miss incident statistics was what I was thinking about after our experience at the weekend and just how widespread these incidents are.

I got an email off to Highways at lunchtime and they have since forwarded it LDNPA.
Hate will never win

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:37:24, 27/09/18 »
Good sky colour too - we get a lot like that in Orkney, especially in late June as the sun barely sets. Sometimes it is hard to go to bed!

Thanks Richard  :) I would imagine you get fantastic sunset views all the time  :)
Hate will never win

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 19:54:37, 27/09/18 »
Great report and photos April, really like the view of Bass Lake O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 20:07:36, 27/09/18 »
Great photos, I recognise some of the places.

You have a smart looking tent, not envious of course!

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 20:53:51, 02/10/18 »
Thanks henry and GWM  O0 We do like our tent, just wish it was lighter  :)
Hate will never win

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 13:31:57, 03/10/18 »
Also, I know that you wild camp sensitively, but you may not be aware that local bye-laws exist on the Cadlbeck and Uldale Commons which state:

No person shall on the land without lawful authority camp or erect a tent or use any vehicle including a caravan as sleeping accommodation or occupy such a vehicle overnight.

The Commoners themselves usually report anyone they spot camping, either in a tent or in a caravan/campervan, to the LDNPA.

What is the point of this.  I understand they don't want D of E groups smashing the place up, but these fells are already quiet enough - the surrounding villages benefit from tourism, people restocking food, buying meals at pubs etc.  Especially pulling up a car and sleeping in the back after a long drive to get there.  The only possible argument is surely hygiene and littering.

@April - it's funny how the northern fells seem to always be covered in clag.  I don't think I've been when it wasn't overcast!  Enjoyed the photos and it's hard not to enjoy the comparative solitude of those fells compared to the busier central ones.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 14:35:11, 03/10/18 »
Lovely pics yet again April - love the sunset and the early morning mist over Bassenthwaite - wonderful.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 18:32:13, 03/10/18 »
@ forgotmyoldpassword, yes these fells are much less populated. Maybe because they are always clagged in?  ;)

Thanks pdstsp  :)
Hate will never win

photonut

« Reply #24 on: 09:17:50, 10/10/18 »
A great walk/ camp in a superb and never busy Northern Fells.  The wild camping restriction is a bit tedious!!

I think it may be time to invest in a cattle prod!!!

Thanks for taking time to post your TR..... I'm struggling to keep up/ catch-up!

Cheers
Lee

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy