Author Topic: New Forest - walking ideas  (Read 1712 times)

londonhiker

New Forest - walking ideas
« on: 13:22:20, 25/06/14 »
I'm going here in a few weeks and was wondering what are the recommended areas to check out for walks?

I'll probably create my own route, but would be great to learn what the picks are and where tends to be the most popular walking?

pgt

Re: New Forest - walking ideas
« Reply #1 on: 13:39:30, 25/06/14 »
One of my favourites is to start at The Foresters Arms in Frogham, walk to the Royal Oak at Fritham, then on to the High Corner Inn at Linwood and then back to the Foresters Arms at Frogham.
That's something like five hours walking and as long as you want "resting".

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:30:32, 25/06/14 »
Depending on what sort of walking you're after there are numerous trails around the cycling centre at Burley
Where there's a will ...

londonhiker

« Reply #3 on: 21:36:33, 25/06/14 »
Hi guys - thank you for the suggestions.

We're looking for walks 6-12 miles, great views, don't mind hills, really trying to identify what the honey pot areas are with the classic trails.

pgt

« Reply #4 on: 11:53:53, 26/06/14 »
The walk I suggested at Frogham is in the northern part of the forest and is quieter than the rest of the forest.
Brockenhurst would be a good place to visit if you want a few Pubs, TeaRooms and shops and just to be able to stroll off in any direction.
And if you want something a bit different then walk from Beaulieu to Buckler's Hard and have a look at the museum there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy