Author Topic: Clogwyn y arete  (Read 2033 times)

dinger

Clogwyn y arete
« on: 21:43:32, 17/04/17 »
Omg did this scramble today, although very enjoyable it was certainly out of my comfort zone especially when it was wet :D

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
Re: Clogwyn y arete
« Reply #1 on: 08:27:30, 18/04/17 »
Its a good one did you get any good photos

dinger

« Reply #2 on: 09:24:22, 18/04/17 »

one or two were taken but visibility wasn't to good really so not really worth putting on.
I don't fancy doing this without ropes especially when wet it was very slippery , lifes to short haha .
We did crib coch too but just after doing this scramble it made crib coch a lot easier and gave me more confidence without any issues.

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:41:01, 18/04/17 »
one or two were taken but visibility wasn't to good really so not really worth putting on.
I don't fancy doing this without ropes especially when wet it was very slippery , lifes to short haha .
We did crib coch too but just after doing this scramble it made crib coch a lot easier and gave me more confidence without any issues.
I have done a solo once back in January wasn't too bad except there was ice on the foothold you usually  use to get up the crux corner had to get a little inventive
I know what you mean about doing CG after but still an enjoyable route try some of the grade 3 routes on Glyder Fach, Easy gully arete is good you can head back down east gully after and do Dolmen and come back down Bristly a good link up day

MikeW

« Reply #4 on: 12:31:29, 20/04/17 »
Nice one!
That's still on my 'to do' list.
Fancy another go up it?

dinger

« Reply #5 on: 21:43:04, 20/04/17 »
Personally I wouldn't go up without the ropes.

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 07:25:21, 22/04/17 »
Nice one!
That's still on my 'to do' list.
Fancy another go up it?
I will probably go up it again sometime soon there is a nice scramble on the way up which avoids the scree plod

MikeW

« Reply #7 on: 09:09:26, 22/04/17 »
Recently been updating and adding to my climbing gear.
All set to go....

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 20:19:58, 24/04/17 »
Recently been updating and adding to my climbing gear.
All set to go....
O0 O0  I will keep you posted Mike what gear do you have and where are you with your scrambling/climbing

MikeW

« Reply #9 on: 20:59:43, 24/04/17 »
O0 O0  I will keep you posted Mike what gear do you have and where are you with your scrambling/climbing

Sounds good!
I got full basic set of gear, harness, spare harness, 50m single dynamic rope, full rack of assorted nuts, chocks and slings etc.
I'm only just getting back into the ropes after a 20 year break. Been up Idwal slabs etc. (with the dog) in the past. More recently soloed Carnedd Y Filiast Atlantic Slabs Left Edge, a 1000ft v.diff I think (with the dog). would probably have roped a few sections if I was with someone and had the ropes with me. Doing grade 1 scrambles most weekends.
1/2 way up a grade 2 scramble / diff on the South side of Cadair Idris a couple of weekends ago here.  :)

« Last Edit: 21:07:39, 24/04/17 by MikeW »

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 13:50:56, 25/04/17 »
 O0 Sweet that would save me some luggage on the train and the dog seems like a solid climber too

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy