Author Topic: Ben Nevis  (Read 8470 times)

Granty

• Veteran Member
Re: Ben Nevis
« Reply #30 on: 21:32:26, 14/10/10 »
Looks good, you had nice weather for it  O0
Check out SLP Photography Derbyshire Wedding Photographer

carolina2k9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 08:31:35, 15/10/10 »
well done judi O0 , wishing you all the best with the fundraising. :)  loved the pics.
Happiness is only a Hill away :-)

Exit5man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 15:02:39, 15/10/10 »
Loved the photo's J J .Great effort in raising so much money for a very worthy cause .How did you find it compared to Coniston .
Everyday when i wake up i thank the Lord im Welsh .

Never walk under a black cat :-)

judi.judi

« Reply #33 on: 17:11:10, 15/10/10 »
Loved the photo's J J .Great effort in raising so much money for a very worthy cause .How did you find it compared to Coniston .
Thanks Howie the money was raised between 4 of us , companies and people have been great appreciate them all x.  Coniston comparison umm when i met you lot i was possibly only ditching my car once a week for a 3 mile flat walk, that day had everything against us and i was nervous at meeting you all etc ( yes I know your a great lot and \i needed have been  ;D ;D Doing it now im used to walking ten miles still on flat but also jog and do gym work so although \i dont look it i was obviosly some what fitter and the pace was quite slow as you go up in groups of 21 always waiting for the last (which wasent me) lol I got very emotional half hour from the top and lost my breath a bit they were great and soon ok its been an emotional year thats why i was there but its just so long and mentally demanding coming down was endless slippy and raining my arms still hurt now!Iv done it and for me a massive achievement no point in going up again, Conniston i would like to just to see where we walked!! Looking forward to wales we are coming down Friday , I better start walking again weekend its not hilly hilly is it ;D

Exit5man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 17:54:01, 15/10/10 »
I better start walking again weekend its not hilly hilly is it ;D

No it's quite gentle really .Short hike from the car park up onto Twmpa.Then after that there is only one steep bit to contend with .( i hope )
Everyday when i wake up i thank the Lord im Welsh .

Never walk under a black cat :-)

judi.judi

« Reply #35 on: 18:13:27, 15/10/10 »

No it's quite gentle really .Short hike from the car park up onto Twmpa.Then after that there is only one steep bit to contend with .( i hope )
  They were the same words that Dave used re Conniston! ;D Better get of my Lap Top and make use of Gym next two weeks then, see you soon .Thanks

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 00:36:24, 16/10/10 »
Hey wish i could join you!  O0
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

judi.judi

« Reply #37 on: 12:48:29, 16/10/10 »
Hey wish i could join you!  O0
  You are possibly nearer than us?  I havent looked where in wales yet just know ir nearly 3 hour away.  Its harder for you with younger children and half term lol Dont bring the conniston weather though!! :)

darren irwin

« Reply #38 on: 02:13:06, 25/10/10 »
Ben Nevis and a view. I have been up a fair few times and with the exception of a clear crisp winter 15 minutes in 1997 I have never had a view  ;D
was up ben nevis once ansolute awful weather.
but i got about twenty minutes where i could see for miles.
was away for a week did four mountains only good weather was 20 mins on ben nevis.
went across this very narrow ridge must have been a thousand foot drop on either side.

darren irwin

« Reply #39 on: 02:18:24, 25/10/10 »
Ben Nevis and a view. I have been up a fair few times and with the exception of a clear crisp winter 15 minutes in 1997 I have never had a view  ;D
not easy to get a good view from the top of ben nevis.
was away for a week about 15 yrs ago,did four mountains inly got 20 mins of good weather as i neared the top.
walked along this very narrow ridge,must have been a thousand foot drop on either side.
could see for miles when i got to the top. O0 O0

darren irwin

« Reply #40 on: 02:24:14, 25/10/10 »
Thanks Howie the money was raised between 4 of us , companies and people have been great appreciate them all x.  Coniston comparison umm when i met you lot i was possibly only ditching my car once a week for a 3 mile flat walk, that day had everything against us and i was nervous at meeting you all etc ( yes I know your a great lot and \i needed have been  ;D ;D Doing it now im used to walking ten miles still on flat but also jog and do gym work so although \i dont look it i was obviosly some what fitter and the pace was quite slow as you go up in groups of 21 always waiting for the last (which wasent me) lol I got very emotional half hour from the top and lost my breath a bit they were great and soon ok its been an emotional year thats why i was there but its just so long and mentally demanding coming down was endless slippy and raining my arms still hurt now!Iv done it and for me a massive achievement no point in going up again, Conniston i would like to just to see where we walked!! Looking forward to wales we are coming down Friday , I better start walking again weekend its not hilly hilly is it ;D

well done judi thats a great achievement.
and to raise so much money for a worthy cause.

ever been over here, up the mournes i mean Judi.

harrys walk is a great walk.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 16:15:34, 25/10/10 »
Ben Nevis is definitely on my list for next year, even if it's "only" the tourist route  ;)

Did it while at school, about 148 years ago (or so it feels) but didn't get a view from the top so would be nice to maybe get luckier this time. Love seeing photos taken on this hill.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

judi.judi

« Reply #42 on: 18:37:01, 26/10/10 »
well done judi thats a great achievement.
and to raise so much money for a worthy cause.

ever been over here, up the mournes i mean Judi.

harrys walk is a great walk.
  That was my first time in scotland it rained all day from glasgow airport on Friday saturday fine and sunday on way back it rained to so seen nothing haha but we were lucky on the day thanks

judi.judi

« Reply #43 on: 18:41:14, 26/10/10 »
Ben Nevis is definitely on my list for next year, even if it's "only" the tourist route  ;)

Did it while at school, about 148 years ago (or so it feels) but didn't get a view from the top so would be nice to maybe get luckier this time. Love seeing photos taken on this hill.
  148 years ago !! thats as old as i felt after the climb :) my neighbour has climbed it 6 times and never seen the top me and his wife compleate novices perfect view  :) have some great photos 120 of them took me 1 minute to upload to facebook but havent the patience on hear not that people want 120 of them!!! ;D thanks for comments

ward100

« Reply #44 on: 21:56:12, 07/11/10 »
great pics....look fab!!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy