Author Topic: Pointless Stiles, Gates and Finger Posts or Unusual / Interesting Landmarks  (Read 36928 times)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Please keep fingers crossed for me, I've not put photos on this forum before so hoping this comes through. About 5/ 6 weeks ago walking in area between Cat n Fiddle and Teggs Nose I came across this fingerpost (SJ 9597 7531) that made me smile. Only had mobile with me so hope its clear enough, or even there  :o
;D What does the finger pointing away from the camera say?
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Mick wmexile

Jac, the finger you ask about says "SNIPE HOUSE" which is the property you can see behind the trees.
I never get lost, just don't always know where I am!

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
Spotted this one today in the Loggerheads area of the Clwydians

sussamb

• Veteran Member
This one from my recent Offas Dyke walk ... clearly it's quite a new construction, wonder why they bothered  ::)

Where there's a will ...

AdanClinton

Maybe they want to protect the lawn or something important in the ground . ;D
Always be happy !

CallMeSteven

• Veteran Member
This one from my recent Offas Dyke walk ... clearly it's quite a new construction, wonder why they bothered  ::)

Well they had to put the Footpath sign somewhere  :D

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
It does tell that the route is intended to be a wheelchair friendly way, because that is what the that new construction is. I think the 1:25k OS map might show a fence line at that point, the landowner may not need it any longer so has not maintained it or renewed it to the gate, but the authority with the duty of care to provide access through the virtual reality of the fence line is required to act to the guide lines.

After 3 years on a LAF some of the speak may have rubbed off  8)
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

fernman

• Veteran Member
Two from the Chilterns yesterday.

There might once have been a way through the wood where it says No Horses, but there certainly isn't now.

A bit of twisted wire under the steps indicates there used to be a fence there.
« Last Edit: 11:59:53, 11/11/15 by fernman »

Rhino

• Veteran Member
A classic near Lake Burwain reservoir Foulridge

Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

Mel

• Veteran Member
That has got to be the best one yet  ;D  .... but the question is..... did you climb over it?  :D

Mel

• Veteran Member
Here's my offering from today's blustery walk along the banks of the River Humber:

Rhino

• Veteran Member
That has got to be the best one yet  ;D  .... but the question is..... did you climb over it?  :D

Ha ha no Mel but a bit further up there was a wall which forced you to the left and originally the reason I guess for the stile.
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

lostme1

• Veteran Member

Nice one   :D
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

Annejacko

• Veteran Member

Near Castle Neroche, Somerset yesterday.
Enjoy every sandwich

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy