Author Topic: The Pennine Way  (Read 1812 times)

Robertybob

The Pennine Way
« on: 12:57:55, 30/04/20 »
Hello to all fellow walkers out there, I am new to this Forum so please bare with me. I am part of the silver head brigade but still enjoy a good walk (that is when we are all allowed off the lead and this terrible disease leaves us all alone)
I am currently planning for a walk along the Pennine Way April / May 2021 and fully intend to enjoy it to the full. To that end I intended to use B&B and other establishments along the way (pure luxury). If you are a solo walker doing it this way you have to pay a heavy supplement (as most single people holidays do) that how it is.
SO IF ANYONE OUT THERE WISHES TO SHARE THE EXPERIENCE with a care home escape and walk the Way together (company / safety) please get in touch and we could explore the viability of such an adventure.
As I have never done a long distance walk this way before I am learning as I go.
Robert 🌈🚶‍♂️😊

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: The Pennine Way
« Reply #1 on: 13:29:35, 30/04/20 »
There are a few people who, like me would like to do the Pennine Way around the same time but at the moment timing seems to be the difficult decision to make. For me, I can hike with a moment's notice but that's not my problem, hiking for up to 20 days without being able to visit a pub definitely is! I was hoping to go in April but am now looking at May, but it could even be June, I just don't know at the moment?

Robertybob

« Reply #2 on: 13:48:16, 30/04/20 »
Well thank you gunwharfman  for your interest so soon. I agree these are very difficult times but I am of the mind that life is to short to dither and better to make a mistake than not make a decision. I will probably be making a reservation in the next week or so (some company are offering BOOK NOW PAY A DEPOSIT IN SEPTEMBER) which is great. Also I think once the gates are open then a stampede will happen.
I will leave it with you to get back in touch if & when you feel is right for you.
Stay safe & keep well Robert [size=0px]🌈🚶‍♂️😊  

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:58:21, 30/04/20 »
Welcome from Manchester  :)
Long distance backpacks are not for us these days, I hope yours goes well.

@gwf - are you talking about this year?. Robert said 2021 in the first post.

Robertybob

« Reply #4 on: 14:35:18, 30/04/20 »
Defiantly 2021

Boris would not be best pleased and we would be a tad late for the bus 🌈🚶‍♂️😀

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:25:38, 30/04/20 »
Sorry, I missed that. I was writing about 2020, 2021 is just too far ahead for me, how can people plan so far into the future? I could be dead by then!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy