Author Topic: Lands end - John O (PCT)  (Read 819 times)

JamesPCT

Lands end - John O (PCT)
« on: 12:03:14, 16/06/21 »

Greetings all.
New guy James here. Getting straight to the point, starting Lands End to John O in July or August. Actually, don’t mind which direction, north or south bound.  Hiked the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) in 2016 so have experience with the heat , first 702 miles is desert (yes those 2 miles were as important as all the others!!) snow and cold in the High Sierra mountains of Northern  California (which included a slice of the excellent John Muir Trail) and the constant rain and mosquitos of Oregon & Washington.
I’m looking for fun, not too serious hiking partner/s  male or female any age. On the PCT I met a 67 year old woman with one lung suffering with cancer, she had already completed the grand slam;  Appalachian trail, Continental Divide and the PCT twice, the most inspiring person I’d ever met in my life! Age and gender are irrelevant, it’s in the mind.
So if you’d like to share loads of laughs, some tears and pain with me than let’s go. I just want to rekindle some of that life changing PCT experience with the most important aspect of that journey. PEOPLE. And who knows, next stop Camino de Santiago !!

Look forward to hearing from you, James
When going through pain, keep going”
Sir Winston Churchill

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Lands end - John O (PCT)
« Reply #1 on: 16:25:23, 16/06/21 »
Welcome from Portsmouth.

I've just completed the Pennine Way and on my route, I met a young bloke already hiking the LEJOG route, he'd started in April and I think he should be around or beyond Edinburgh by now? When I saw your username and noticed it was your first contribution to the Walking Forum I immediately thought it was him, his name is James. Of course, when I read your entry I then realised that there are two of you.

I've only done a very short section of the Camino, from Roncevalles to St Jean Pied du Port, France. What I do remember about that section was hiking downhill into St. Jean from the Refuge I'd stayed in that night with loads of people puffing and panting and struggling in the heat as they plodded slowly up the steep hill towards the Spainish border. I was fine, I'd had a good breakfast and was feeling very chipper.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Lands end - John O (PCT)
« Reply #2 on: 12:50:10, 22/06/21 »
Welcome to the forum.  Bearing in mind the prevailing wind and setting Sun in the UK heading North East, they will be mostly on your back. Heading South West they will be ahead of you.  Depends which you prefer.

Assuming you are looking for people to walk with for sections of the route and not the entire route. Be sure to let us know your agenda and I am sure you will find those happy to join you from here. O0    

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy