Author Topic: Honister Zip Wire proposal  (Read 28995 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Honister Zip Wire proposal
« Reply #75 on: 18:58:20, 01/11/18 »
Interestingly, I was reading the Acoustic Report provided by Hann Tucker yesterday and that was quite intriguing how the measured noise survey  data and 'appropriate' acoustic qualifiers were... erm... how should I put it.... used very carefully :(

I thought their sound report was a total load of b*ll*x   ;D
Hate will never win

photonut

« Reply #76 on: 08:16:22, 02/11/18 »
I thought their sound report was a total load of b*ll*x   ;D

Ha ha... say what you mean April, no point being ambiguous!  ;D

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: 08:37:55, 02/11/18 »
 :)

Most people on here know when you are out on the fells you can here people shouting from half a mile away. It is no different on Fleetwith Pike despite what that daft report states.
Hate will never win

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: 09:40:47, 02/11/18 »

Most people on here know when you are out on the fells you can here people shouting from half a mile away. It is no different on Fleetwith Pike despite what that daft report states.

Yup, you can hear the screams from Zip World at Blaenau Ffestiniog from a great distance away.

photonut

« Reply #79 on: 09:53:30, 02/11/18 »

I agree 100%.  I share your views and was quite amazed at how the information was presented to provide a 'feasible' argument to show how there would be little or no impact.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: 08:48:27, 07/11/18 »
It is decision day folks. Fingers crossed the committee make the right decision for the future of the Lake District. I dread to think what will happen in other mine areas if this gets approved.
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: 09:01:50, 07/11/18 »
Fingers well and truly crossed.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #82 on: 09:45:51, 07/11/18 »
Yes indeed. Let us hope we see democracy in action rather than inaction.

Talking of what can be done with mines April. Here is a better example https://www.claytrails.co.uk/
Solvitur Ambulando

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: 09:54:15, 07/11/18 »
Talking of what can be done with mines....................................….

[/color]  
Another example in Cornwall [/color]  

http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home.nsf/RoutesLinksCycle/great-flat-lode-trail-walking-and-cycle-route

So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Lakeland Lorry

« Reply #84 on: 12:36:12, 07/11/18 »
It's just been announced on Twitter that the Honister Zip Wire has been approved.

It's been approved subject to conditions (not sure which conditions).  The 10 member committee voted 7-3 in favour.

« Last Edit: 12:39:50, 07/11/18 by Lakeland Lorry »

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: 12:44:28, 07/11/18 »

Sheesh!  What did I say about planning committees?  :( :tickedoff:
Solvitur Ambulando

Lakeland Lorry

« Reply #86 on: 12:48:16, 07/11/18 »
Richard Leafe (Lake District National Park Chief) has just posted this on his Twitter account:

A good outcome for adventure and supporting our mining heritage in the Lakes. Well done Honister.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: 12:56:07, 07/11/18 »
Adventure my a#se!  This isn't an adventure it's a fairground ride.  I am sickened by this - the LDNPA should hang their heads in shame.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: 13:05:14, 07/11/18 »
It's been approved subject to conditions (not sure which conditions).  The 10 member committee voted 7-3 in favour.

Now watch the next step, a drip feed of applications to vary any conditions that get in the way - these do not normally get referred to the planning committee.
Things I have seen:
- an application that included preservation of trees followed by a variation to knock down the trees that got in the way of builders vehicles.
- an application that included a fitness trail followed by a variation to just put up a bench.
- an application that had a blank wall to prevent overlooking followed by a variation to put a window in (they even built a bricked in window in the construction to knock out later.)
Solvitur Ambulando

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: 13:15:17, 07/11/18 »
ninthace - what would the position be if the noise levels are actually as bad as people fear they will be?  Is there any way that someone can appeal later on the basis that the installation produces more noise/traffic etc than is set out in the application?

Paul

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy