Author Topic: The Eastern Moors (Beeley and Gibbet) & The Chatsworth Estate.  (Read 7217 times)

radder

• Veteran Member
Was thinking of doing a similar walk early next year that would require two cars. one car at fairholmes and one at Baslow.
Basically start from Fairholmes ascend up to Derwent Edge then follow Derwent Edge down to Moscar then onto Stanage Edge which you follow to Burbage Valley. Walk along Burbage Rocks to the Longshaw Estate then onto froggatt, Curbar and Baslow Edges pass wellington monument then onto Birchin Edge down to the Robin hoods Inn from where we would walk over Chatsworth Edge through Chatsworth Park and back to Baslow. Did this walk 5 years ago and clocks in at 23 miles, A excellent Peakland classic  O0
Another car share I would love to do next year is the Mardsan to Edale walk, 25 miles over Kinder, Bleaklow and Black Hill.

gotmeheadshaved

• Veteran Member
Was thinking of doing a similar walk early next year that would require two cars. one car at fairholmes and one at Baslow.
Basically start from Fairholmes ascend up to Derwent Edge then follow Derwent Edge down to Moscar then onto Stanage Edge which you follow to Burbage Valley. Walk along Burbage Rocks to the Longshaw Estate then onto froggatt, Curbar and Baslow Edges pass wellington monument then onto Birchin Edge down to the Robin hoods Inn from where we would walk over Chatsworth Edge through Chatsworth Park and back to Baslow. Did this walk 5 years ago and clocks in at 23 miles, A excellent Peakland classic  O0
Another car share I would love to do next year is the Mardsan to Edale walk, 25 miles over Kinder, Bleaklow and Black Hill.

Count me in Mark me old China! Sounds a corker!  O0
Steve (gotmeheadshaved)

'Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity'

radder

• Veteran Member
Count me in Mark me old China! Sounds a corker!  O0

Ok i will plan this for January then Steve ( need to see Ray first to see when he is free) 23 miles and a good 8 hours will be needed to complete this walk  O0

Pearsy

• Veteran Member
Id be up for that as well Mark. All my peak favourites in one walk!  Shifts dependant of course.

joester

• Veteran Member
All the edges! - a chap from work did that one last month for some sort of charity thing in aid of the MRT, he said even his dog was tired afterwards!

I'd love to have a go at that, I don't know the Stanage area at all really (it is on my 'to do' list).
It's certainly a walk with more balls than the one I suggested, though I still have to work up to the 20(+) milers...
solvitur ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy