Author Topic: TR - Hampsfell in the snow  (Read 2152 times)

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
Re: TR - Hampsfell in the snow
« Reply #15 on: 23:25:17, 19/01/21 »
Sounds like it might be all washed away by tomorrow. It's been a dull rainy day here, thanks for brightening in up Richard with your photos... lovely to see Tess enjoying herself!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:56:56, 20/01/21 »
Sounds like it might be all washed away by tomorrow. It's been a dull rainy day here, thanks for brightening in up Richard with your photos... lovely to see Tess enjoying herself!

Thanks Dodgy. Snow long gone - I squelched my way up Fell End in the rain this morning. I don't know which Tess likes the best - snow or a sandy beach. On either she races back and forth, digs furiously and rolls around like a demented thing. Great fun!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 20:57:28, 20/01/21 »
Thanks Dodgy. Snow long gone - I squelched my way up Fell End in the rain this morning. I don't know which Tess likes the best - snow or a sandy beach. On either she races back and forth, digs furiously and rolls around like a demented thing. Great fun!
Went to feed hens this morning, both locked in due to Avian Virus. Punky-Boo could not stand up, worryingly she tried to get up to feed and couldn't, struggled around pecking up corn. After cleaning out the nest box, stood watching as she struggled about, then she just got up and walked away! Pleased about that! Had a very squelchy walk towards motorway, coming back towards home down a little muddy bank, went flying up in the air, landing on my shoulder. I got up like my hen and walked away but it knocked the stuffing out of me!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 09:13:45, 21/01/21 »
No harm done, I hope.

We used to keep hens when we lived in Snowdonia and Orkney.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 17:31:44, 21/01/21 »
No harm done, I hope.
We used to keep hens when we lived in Snowdonia and Orkney.

Not too bad today, although will have to wait a few days before start making Christmas Pudding...
Had a disaster down the henhouse this morning, the 'best thing since sliced bread' the automatic door opening device, had a system failure.... string snapped! Hens are allowed out into a smalll pen, as long as it's covered and no wild birds can get near them. All sorted had a spare unit.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 21:23:07, 22/01/21 »
More lovely snowy pics that I missed whilst I was sulking.

My fave is the stunted snow covered sycamore pic  O0

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 09:54:00, 23/01/21 »
More lovely snowy pics that I missed whilst I was sulking.

My fave is the stunted snow covered sycamore pic  O0

Thanks Mel  :)  I Haven't noticed any sulks!

After living in Orkney for 18 years, I appreciate trees all the more, and I particularly like the wind blasted specimens on Hampsfell.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 12:54:53, 23/01/21 »
Nothing like a really good, self-centred, self-pitying, bah humbug, thunder cloud sulk to set you back on the right road again ;)

Great pics, Richard - particularly like stunted sycamore with the limestone pavement one O0
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 18:07:14, 23/01/21 »
Nothing like a really good, self-centred, self-pitying, bah humbug, thunder cloud sulk to set you back on the right road again ;)

Great pics, Richard - particularly like stunted sycamore with the limestone pavement one O0

Thanks Jac - been up Hampsfell in the snow again today - magical conditions as the mist slowly cleared.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy