Author Topic: Zebra Stainless Steel Pots .. possible alternative to titanium  (Read 1266 times)

Peak

Windyrigg,
Think you'll find the Alpkit pot is 650m, it's a great pot.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
I also have the Alpkit 650 pot, as good as any out there. Couple it with a Speedster  pot stand/ windshield and Speedster alcohol burner and you have the perfect lightweight setup IMO.

This is the sort of setup that interests me for wild camping trips. I made my own windshield/potstand out of some scrap aluminium recently, and I already have a 800ml Ti pan, so all I need now is the Speedster stove and some meths. Not as if the stoves cost more than a few Pounds, either.

Any advice on which Speedster stove is the best to go for, Peak?
« Last Edit: 09:38:03, 03/02/21 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Peak

I have the 30ml and the 50ml with a simmer ring, both are great. Combined with the pot stand/windshield for the Alpkit mug it's my perfect setup.

Peak

Just thought that I would like to point out that I do not work for Speedster, I just rate their gear and service.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Thanks - Speedster have been on my radar for a while now. I didn't take a stove on my one night solo trips into the fells last summer, but be good to have something hot during the colder months - assuming that we are allowed out before the summer, that is.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
You're correct, the Alpkit pot is 650ml, but that is right to the brim. 600ml is the absolute max for practical purposes on a stove  O0

Peak

You're correct, the Alpkit pot is 650ml, but that is right to the brim. 600ml is the absolute max for practical purposes on a stove  O0

Fair comment.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Boyes Stores stock small aluminium pans. Cheap as half a chip. Handles can easily be removed and pans handled using one of these:https://www.amazon.co.uk/NoyoKere-Cookware-Anti-hot-Anti-scraping-Tableware/dp/B07F69M362/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?adgrpid=110881276259&dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAsOmABhAwEiwAEBR0ZpE1lxBewKYrXSP5K1MSOrDrnYchAdTKuDqoCWHw84emH5rBiYfKWxoCuEkQAvD_BwE&hvadid=470613954622&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1006745&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=9677520948886336142&hvtargid=kwd-391103160610&hydadcr=8831_1725282&keywords=camping+pot+with+handle&qid=1612360767&sr=8-6&tag=hydrukspg-21
They do single egg Teflon coated frying pans also truly cheap. Handles easily removed.

I use them on my allotment camp stove at least twice a week for the last seven years. In this case it definitely is a case as spending as much as necessary to get the job done for a long time.

When walking I tend to use flameless cooking systems and pubs.

Too little, too late, too bad......

fernman

• Veteran Member
Fernman,  with regard to the handles on your Ti pot you can purchase silicon covers that  you cut to length and then slide on. Available at Speedster stoves online, you may already know but could be good for others.

I've just ordered 50cm of 3mm inside diameter silicone tube in green colour on Ebay for a miniscule sum. No offence to Speedster but theirs is red, and I don't do red  :)

Peak

Fernman, do you have a link to the Ebay seller please?.

fernman

• Veteran Member
Here you are: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261067328695
A few came up when I searched, this one was close to the top, but they had what I wanted, the price was OK and the seller's feedback was good, so I didn't bother looking any further.

What were you doing posting at 05:51 - couldn't sleep, or just come home?  :)

Edited to add, as an aside, that I highly recommend the 5 litre water carrier on the Speedster website. I've had one for a few years, ideal for wild camping, no plastic taste, weighs 67g and folds flat, taking no space in your pack.

« Last Edit: 12:33:38, 07/02/21 by fernman »

Peak

Fernman,
Thanks for that, up early as I'm having a problem with a disc in my back, not been like this for 30+ years. I've looked at the  Speedster water carrier before so may give it a go now.

Peak

Order now placed for silicone tubing.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy