Author Topic: Sleeping Bag Choice for a larger person. Pls. and sleep mat?  (Read 1798 times)

wbmkk

How about the Snugpak Elite 4, which has an 'expanda' panel  (their wording) to add extra circumference to the bag.

There are a few bags in this and other Snugpak ranges, which also have this feature so take a look on their website.

Snugpak make some very nice bags

Maverick777

As per previous page. I’ve ordered the big Big Agnes Anvil Horn 15 Sleeping Bag Wide Long blue/red (2021) and the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Topo Regular Ether Wave, to slot inside.

I’ve gone with this as I liked the reviews, the attention to detail and the fact the pad can be integrated into base of bag.  
It's better to burn bright than to fade away.

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
Interesting point having the mat and bag 'integrated'. Certainly some mat and bag combinations have an issue with sliding apart in the night. I use a Mountain Equipment mat and an Alpkit down bag that are very happy with one on top of the other; I've had other set-ups' where every time I come to (cold) in the night the bag has slid off the mat (with or without a slope).

Maverick777

Maverick777

I had ordered the Big Agnes from Bikester UK (not UK based) their sister company is Addnature.

I am due to take a kayaking trip a long the River Wye (UK) this spring. As part of my research for a roomy sleeping bag, I found the Big Agnes Anvil Horn 15 Sleeping Bag Wide Long blue/red (2021), which features the flex pad sleeve to secure a sleep pad. I ordered the sleeping bag from Bikester UK a subsidiary company of  https://www.internetstores.com/en/ [nofollow] In Germany. At the time I placed the order 03/03/2021 it was in stock. Now after countless ignored Emails, messages, phone calls. The company are blaming UPS, UPS said before I raised an issue with Bikester.UK that they never received the order. I tend to believe UPS, as Bikester UK have been very evasive and they are now saying that the item is out of stock. Sorry to bore you with all this detail, but I had my heart set on your bag. FYI.  

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy