Author Topic: [TR]Winchester walk and Wild Swim  (Read 531 times)

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
[TR]Winchester walk and Wild Swim
« on: 17:25:09, 30/07/20 »
Tuesdays Winchester walk and Wild Swim at Twyford.  
http://myadventures3.blogspot.com/2020/07/winchesterhampshire-walk-and-river.html

Loads more info and pitures on my blog see link at top of post!  O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR]Winchester walk and Wild Swim
« Reply #1 on: 18:37:01, 30/07/20 »
Very nice indeed thankyou. My son and his wife now live in Winchester and we hope by September will be moving to their new house very near to where you took your photos, They may have even seen you taking a dip?  ::)

When they walk into Winchester they take the route you were on and enter the town at the Mill. My daughter in law (USA/Norwegian) loves it. She loves taking archtecture pictures and posts them on Instagram, she has 1100 followers all cooing over photos of front doors, windows and chimneys, etc.

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:41:34, 30/07/20 »
Very nice indeed thankyou. My son and his wife now live in Winchester and we hope by September will be moving to their new house very near to where you took your photos, They may have even seen you taking a dip?  ::)

When they walk into Winchester they take the route you were on and enter the town at the Mill. My daughter in law (USA/Norwegian) loves it. She loves taking archtecture pictures and posts them on Instagram, she has 1100 followers all cooing over photos of front doors, windows and chimneys, etc.

Sounds Lovely, how lucky are they to be moving to such a fantastic city!

Warbler

« Reply #3 on: 22:36:01, 30/07/20 »
Another great report. Keep em coming  O0

Almost coincidentally, I had planned to catch a train to Winchester today and walk south along the Itchen Way to it's finish. Unfortunately something cropped up and I had to postpone, but will try again next week.

You're wild swim looked quite liberating. Were there many people about to witness it? I may give it a go myself  :)

As an aside, the link to your Viewranger track just brings up the default map of Europe.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy