Author Topic: A route sharing website where you can post map data?  (Read 4816 times)

gallusimpudicus

Hi there: pretty excited about a newish website call Sanoodi that I am using to post favourite walks up here in Wales and all over the place. It's like a MySpace social networking thing but for Walkers runners and cyclists.

here's a link to short walk up here in Wales that I've posted.
http://www.sanoodi.com/route/gallusimpudicus/76301/bull-bay-to-porth-wen-and-back/ [nofollow]
but you'll see others there too.

I love the old sites where you get OSmap descriptions but on this site you can actually open a map and look. The only limitation is the quality of the maps, but you can easily transope the info accross to a paper OS where you need to (old ways are best ways!). There is space for a description and any geotagged photos in the area on Flickr come up automatically in the corner of the page. I love it

Grwfi  O0
GI

al

Re: A route sharing website where you can post map data?
« Reply #1 on: 13:23:32, 06/09/08 »
I HAVE TRIED TO JOIN ""NO LUCK""al

gallusimpudicus

Re: A route sharing website where you can post map data?
« Reply #2 on: 22:56:58, 06/09/08 »
Hi Al,
I notice they have only just updated their website (yesterday I think). You might find this is why. Do persist tho': thy have just added mapping software for gps ready 'phones so you can share where you are almost live... 8)
GI

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy