Author Topic: Another adventure  (Read 8355 times)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Another adventure
« Reply #15 on: 18:54:45, 17/09/17 »
Well done Ilona. O0   Hope the blisters are soon healed! :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 20:33:17, 17/09/17 »
Well done Ilona. O0   Hope the blisters are soon healed! :)

HI. They are gone already. Only small ones on my small toes and on the insides of my big toes. It happens because my toes are squashed up because of my bunions. I [censored] them with a needle and smother with Germoline.

Ilona

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 10:15:30, 18/09/17 »
Well done - 26 miles in one day Phew! I've been following on your website blog and enjoying the photos.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Rather be walking

« Reply #18 on: 12:28:56, 18/09/17 »
Well done Ilona.  O0 :)

John.
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 19:47:46, 18/09/17 »
Just caught up on your blog/photos.  Fab pic of the rainbow over Morecambe Bay  8)

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 20:36:57, 19/09/17 »
Thanks all. Shame I had a battery problem and missed out on pics going over the Lake District. I must say that people are so nice when walking alone. I ask for directions and they want to help. One woman invited me into her cottage for a cup of coffee. People ask how far I am walking, where did I start, where am I heading to. They are amazed when I tell them, it makes me chuckle.  :D  Sometimes it holds me up. People at breakfast want to chat and I want to get away. It's usually my fault because I am such a gas bag.  ::)

Ilona

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 17:41:32, 15/03/18 »
Hi. Going to re do a walk I did a few years ago, a home made coast to coast, the first one I did, Blackpool to the Humber Bridge. This time starting at Cleveleys, and coming across by a different route. Preston, Blackburn, Burnley, Haworth, Shipley, Leeds, Selby, Howden, H Bridge.

Hope I'm still fit enough to do it, I'll give it a try

Ilona

sparnel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 18:07:22, 15/03/18 »
Good on you Ilona...........I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 11:13:52, 18/03/18 »
Good on you Ilona...........I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Hoping so, Sparnel. The enjoyment for me is getting to the end. Although I take photographs, I don't dawdle or go off route, I snap as I go, with several short breaks to eat and drink. And the challenge is to find a bed for the night. If it works out I should be ok with that, going through some built up areas. I won't be skimping on accommodation, it will be whatever I find.

Ilona

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 12:09:47, 19/03/18 »
Hi. Going to re do a walk I did a few years ago, a home made coast to coast......

Hope I'm still fit enough to do it, I'll give it a try

Good luck Ilona and hope you enjoy it O0

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 16:32:43, 21/03/18 »
All the best for your trip. Ever thought about doing your trips the other way round, that's what I do, makes for a surprisingly different walk.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 09:17:52, 22/03/18 »
Good luck - hope you have great walk - looking forward to the TR

Thedogsmother

« Reply #27 on: 22:02:41, 22/03/18 »
Well done. What a great adventure! I’ve really been enjoying your blog it is very inspirational.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 07:39:06, 23/03/18 »
Good morning. I did 20 miles yesterday on the first day, now I am about to go for breakfast, I'm in the Holiday Inn at Preston. Heading for Burnley today. Weather forecast is good. Jac, I'm very sorry but I already do a lot on the computer, and may not find time to do a TR here. If anyone is interested it's on my blog.

Ilona

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 10:37:36, 23/03/18 »
Good morning. I did 20 miles yesterday on the first day, now I am about to go for breakfast, I'm in the Holiday Inn at Preston. Heading for Burnley today. Weather forecast is good. Jac, I'm very sorry but I already do a lot on the computer, and may not find time to do a TR here. If anyone is interested it's on my blog.
Ilona

Hopefully, Spring is really here at last. Enjoy your adventure. I do follow your blog too. O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy