Author Topic: TMB follow up  (Read 1127 times)

altirando

• Veteran Member
TMB follow up
« on: 18:55:59, 21/03/14 »
Just had an e-newsletter from a trekking company descriving the Tour of Monte Rosa.  Sounds as though it would be the perfect follow-on holiday after the TMB with perhaps a greater variety of scenery and of course taking walkers into the heart of the Swiss alps and then down into the warm Italian valleys.  I think there are several trekking companies offering the route.

Boweyes

Re: TMB follow up
« Reply #1 on: 22:24:57, 27/03/14 »
It does look a good walk, I've looked at it myself. It takes in some of the days from the haute route which is one you may also wish to consider. I did it 2 years after the tmb. Different terrain but another classic!

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 00:50:28, 28/03/14 »
Presumably you mean the walkers' haute route.  I have done the first part of the true haute route but it was a blistering hot summer so we got fed up of slogging up over cols with full packs and turned back to Chamonix, nipped up MtBlanc instead.  Wouldn't mind doing the haute route on ski in the Spring.

Boweyes

« Reply #3 on: 10:26:04, 30/03/14 »
Yes the walkers haute route. It's tough going and we were carrying full packs for camping, but a great walk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy