Author Topic: Anyone tried IsoCool (Mountain Warehouse) t-shirts?  (Read 2441 times)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
I'm looking for something better than my cotton t-shirts and I found this. Has anyone tried IsoCool t-shirts? I'm very wary of their stuff after buying their IsoDry Pakka mens waterproof jacket and finding that where my arms touched the fabric of the jacket, it let moisture in (I was only standing around, unlikely to be sweat and it happened fairly fast). Complete waste of £18.99. I guess you get what you pay for (I bought it because it was the only waterproof jacket I could find in Keswick in my size, it wasn't even about the money).

I should imagine it's harder to screw up a t-shirt though.
« Last Edit: 21:27:16, 13/10/18 by Rob Goes Walking »

NeilC

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone tried IsoCool (Mountain Warehouse) t-shirts?
« Reply #1 on: 09:45:58, 14/10/18 »
I've not seen those specific ones but having shopped around for cheap walking shirts it seems all the big stores have similar polyester t-shirts and they all work fine.

They all claim various miraculous functions and technologies but it's just woven polyester - absorbs sweat and spreads it out where it evaporates relatively quickly, or soaks into the next layer depending.

I watched a YT vid on this and they tested various base layers and they concluded that the fibre choice is the thing that really matters: polyester, polypropylene or merino - all have advantages/disadvantages, take your pick. Very little difference between a £5 one or a £50 branded one, apparently.

So I'm sure it will be fine.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:08:46, 14/10/18 »
I've used a few isocool tops for Mountain Warehouse, though the short sleeved half zip ones, and really like them - the ones I got were cheap as chips too. 

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:57:20, 14/10/18 »
Thanks guys. Their 4XL ones appear to have sold out whilst I waited for replies so I bought a no label one off eBay and one off big dude clothing. Both polyester. I like the idea polypropylene dries out faster and smells less but I could only find one shirt in my size on eBay from Italy and it was more expensive. It also says polypropylene keeps you warm in winter but I don't ever remember being cold in winter in a fleece so I don't see why I need it.
« Last Edit: 14:09:29, 14/10/18 by Rob Goes Walking »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy