Author Topic: TR - Above the Kirkstone Pass 12/07/18  (Read 815 times)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: TR - Above the Kirkstone Pass 12/07/18
« Reply #1 on: 09:09:23, 23/07/18 »
I'm having problems posting again!

From High Hartsop Dodd we picked up Little Hart Crag and then dropped down before going off piste to the top off Middle Dodd. We paused for something to eat here and put on our jackets as there were a few spots of rain.
]  

We then headed towards the top of Red Screes, removing jackets on the way as it was just so hot.
At the top of Red Screes we met a man in full walking gear and his wife and daughter dressed for a wander round the shops.

My son said he thought it smelt like rain just before the heavens opened. In full waterproofs we slid down the path to the Kirkstone Inn where they have the 2 essentials for modern life beer and wifi.

Our plan had been to ascend St. Raven's Edge up on to Caudale Moor but the rain was not giving up and the pub was dry and warm. Eventually we dragged ourselves away to walk down the lovely permissive path to the left of the road back down to the Brotherswater Inn where we were staying. Halfway down it was hot and dry and we removed out waterproofs, a little further and the ground was dry too.
That evening no one would believe us that we had got soaked, my Dad had spent all day either in Glenridding or on the Ullswater ferry and had felt no rain at all!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:15:31, 23/07/18 »

Always like to read about and see photos of the hills around Brotherswater; thanks for posting.

A correction though; the 2 essentials of life are beer and food, not 'beer and wifi'!  :)

WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:32:29, 23/07/18 »
Always like to read about and see photos of the hills around Brotherswater; thanks for posting.

A correction though; the 2 essentials of life are beer and food, not 'beer and wifi'!  :)
Try telling my son that.
Though he is whatsapping his girlfriend so perhaps there is another essential.

]

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:00:10, 23/07/18 »
Great stuff again Ridge O0
I bet High Hartsop Dodd was hard work in the heat ;)
Saying that, every hill around Brotherswater/Hartsop seems to be straight up with no warm up :o

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:00:47, 23/07/18 »
Ha ha, just like my daughter...glued to her phone!

Nice pics Ridge O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 12:22:32, 23/07/18 »
Great pics Ridge, shame the weather spoiled it but it did mean you had beer instead. You are wrong though; there are 3 essentials in life - Wine, food and wifi  :)
Hate will never win

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 13:10:20, 23/07/18 »

Nice one ridge O0
Try telling my son that.[/size]Though he is whatsapping his girlfriend so perhaps there is another essential.
;D
You are wrong though; there are 3 essentials in life - Wine, food and wifi  :)
Wine, beef, and wifi  :D
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:02:49, 23/07/18 »
Thanks all

Great pics Ridge, shame the weather spoiled it but it did mean you had beer instead.

I couldn't believe that we had 2 hours of torrential rain while just a few miles down the hill there was nothing all day.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy