Author Topic: Greetings from Germany!  (Read 1812 times)

ameliabedelia

Greetings from Germany!
« on: 08:27:48, 02/03/18 »
Hi all,

I live in central Germany and am coming to the UK in May for work and then a short holiday afterwards. Thinking Lake District or Snowdonia, but will do a bit more reading on the forums and then ask for specific advice.

In general, I spend my free time (and holidays) outdoors hiking, cycling, etc. My favorite places I've walked are southern Utah in the US, the western coast of Portugal following the Rota Vicentina, and of course the Alps!

Cheers,
Amelia

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
Re: Greetings from Germany!
« Reply #1 on: 08:47:49, 02/03/18 »
Welcome - after walking in North Wales, or Scotland, the USA & Portugal will pale into the background, even the alps may drop to 2nd place - and you will have 'new favourites'

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:09:59, 02/03/18 »
Welcome from Portsmouth. My son did part of his degree in Berlin as part of the Erasmus deal, he loved it! So did my wife and I when we visited him. Rota Vicentina, I have thought about doing this walk in 2018, is it worth  doing?

ameliabedelia

« Reply #3 on: 13:15:58, 02/03/18 »
Rota Vicentina, I have thought about doing this walk in 2018, is it worth  doing?

I hiked it N to S starting in Porto Covo, taking the Fishermans Trail along the coast, and then switching to the Historical Way in Odeceixe. The Fishermans Trail was stunningly beautiful and a real highlight for me. I guess it also helps that cliffy coastlines are a novelty to me, unlike to you all in Great Britain. ;-) The rest of the route was largely inland and still nice...but not as spectacular.

RogerA

« Reply #4 on: 11:16:47, 12/03/18 »
Welcome from North Warwickshire

Troggy

« Reply #5 on: 09:09:29, 10/04/18 »
Hello Amelia and greetings from sunny Liverpool (well, it's pouring down...as usual!) If you choose either the Lake District or Snowdonia, you'll have a massive variety of countryside to choose from. In fact, wherever you go, in either national park, you'll fall in love with it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy