Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 736 times)

Ridge Walker

• Veteran Member
Hi All
« on: 08:55:11, 29/04/09 »
Hi All.
I have done a few posts on this forum (An Eexcellent forum it is) and I haven’t introduced myself. .
I’m over 50yrs old  ;) Over the years I have completed the Wainwrights . About 100 Munros.  Including the Cullin Ridge. And all the main ridges in Scotland.  Pennine way  3x.   Lyke Wake walk 7x.  C2C. West Highland Way. Rock climbing to E standard. Caving  ect . 
Early days were spent exploring the Dark Peak ( Kinder. Bleaklow. Black Hill )
Then me and my mate decided to venture up to the lake district. Our first walk was Blencathra. Up Sharp Edge down Halls Fell Ridge. Set off 9 30am got back to car  about 12 30 pm so we spent  time wondering what to do next. Now due to commitments at that time we could only come up one  day at a time.  So we come up with the Idea of doing rounds.
 Our first one was in Langdale.  Pavey Ark.  The Pikes.  Followed the edge round to Bowfell.  Crinke Crags. Pike O’ Stickle. Then back to langdale. We didn't use the path up to  Bowfell but from the 3 tarns. We went up the face using  grass terraces.  We did a few like that.
Our routine, set off from Barnsley  around 12pm at night. Arrive to our starting point around 3 30am. Have a drink then start walking soon as it stated getting light. Watching the sun rise over the mountains some times was breath taking. We usually got back to the car around 2 30pm
 The biggest walk we did was mosdale. From Wasdale  Inn up styhead pass. Up Great Gable. Then Kirk Fell. Pillar. Red Pike. Yewbarrow.  Back to the Inn. That took about 10hrs. 
We always walked the Wainwright way. Stop often and look round.
Anyone else done similar rounds?
« Last Edit: 19:47:54, 29/04/09 by Ridge Walker »

Yomper

• Account Closed
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: 13:10:16, 29/04/09 »
I see in your post RW you have crossed over Hadrians Wall for some walking  ;)

My favourite hill-walking place, we must organise a long weekend up there with some of folk on here, maybe throw in some camping too  :)

Glencoe, Glen Nevis etc - walking heaven  O0

mad max

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:35:27, 29/04/09 »
hi ridge walker,i thought id done a lot of walking down the years but blooming heck youve got some miles under your belt,most impressive,hope to meet you some day,max.
Freeman of Tryfan.
Welsh Nuttalls completer.
I am a troll,beware.

Ridge Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:05:34, 29/04/09 »
Hi Yomper.
Yep Scotland my fav. place.
Never been abroad. (Even before I read AW books. it's seems we had the same Idea)
Wots the point of going abroad if you havn' seen your own country.
All main hols were spent in Scotland.  Of all the mouintains Iv'e climbed in Gods Country, :)  my fav believe or not is Stac Pollaidh 2000ft high but the views from the smmit match anywhere in this county. The scrambling is wonderfull   8) 8)
If your in glen coe then the Aonach Eagach ridge is a must no matter how many time youv'e done it  :)
If your up to it  the best way up Ben Nevis is the Carn Mor Dearg Arrete. 
« Last Edit: 20:00:33, 30/04/09 by Ridge Walker »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy