Author Topic: WALKING IN LOCHABER  (Read 3258 times)

heatherbank

WALKING IN LOCHABER
« on: 16:38:46, 05/05/08 »
 O0
hi there folks, I hope you dont mind me joining to tell you about where I live and work, My nephew William was telling me about his new walking hobby and said that this is a great site. He is of the opinion that I should be telling everyone about Strontian and the fabulous walks that we have here right at our back door - I will list some of the
From the house to the bottom of the drive, turn left onto the common grazing and walk  accross open moorland and uphill to the Strontian Mines. It is possible tro continue on from there to Resipool.
In the same direction without turning left you reach Ardnastang and then you can continue on down to the village, along Annaheilt and into the Ariundle Oakwoods or you can turn left at Ariundle and come uphill to Upper Scotston back to Heatherbank.

From the house to the bottom of the drive, turn right and follow the road and this will take you over to Polloch where the views are simply spectacular. or you can walk down to the oakwoods and follow the paths that will  take you up past the Fairy Circle and over the village and eventually lead you back to Strontian Village. I have a B&B and hill walkers are welcome. Martin my hubby has cycled, walked and motor biked all over this area and he knows all the best places to go - get in touch if you need help planning a trip (even if you dont stay with us we will be happy to advise you)
Regards
Soraya

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
Re: WALKING IN LOCHABER
« Reply #1 on: 21:46:56, 05/05/08 »
Welcome to the forum, heatherbank......

Anyway ... I started a TGO Challenge at Acharacle a few years ago. I was supposed to go over Beinn Resipol but was scared off by thunder storms - so I just walked up the road and then cut over to Corran by Glen Gaur.

I got very wet  and broke my tent pole - but apart from that (!)  it was quite good fun, and it certainly is a beautiful area.  There's lots of bits of cars and caravans on that road, though....  I think you have to be  a bit careful....
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

heatherbank

« Reply #2 on: 22:10:09, 05/05/08 »
Hi There
I can see the tip of resipool from my kitchen window and we get a lot of walkers coming for B&B - look us up when you are in the area

muymalestado

« Reply #3 on: 09:23:31, 06/05/08 »
Welcome heatherbank.

We've also walked, cycled, camped in Ardnamurchan / Morvern area - so confirmation that it is a great area to visit.
I think this next one will be the top ...

heatherbank

« Reply #4 on: 10:44:00, 06/05/08 »
 O0
Good morning everyone and thank you for the kind welcome.
just finished breakfast and departures - phew - birdwatchers from heatherlea bird watching club, a local hotels overspill. This is a fantastic place for the feathered kind - black grouse lec almost at our back door and and this morning there were sedge warblers and whinchats at our pond. Martin is in the process of building a hide (thats after he has cut the grass and caught up with a thousand other jobs.
Anyway back to the grind - 6 arrivals today
Cheers

saltirepride

« Reply #5 on: 18:38:53, 06/05/08 »
Hello Aunt!!

I think all who have been in the area will agree that it is absolutely magnificent!

Planning a trip up there real soon so we will be up for homemade Tattie Scones and a bed lol.

Take care and speak to you soon.

Wullie.

heatherbank

« Reply #6 on: 08:32:42, 07/05/08 »
Good morning to my favourite nephew :D
that was a surprise seeing your reply - a good one. I am sooo looking forward to seeing you up here again and have got new recipes that I have been serving my guests - check the website for pictures. So far, great responce. The last time you were here was real fun demonstrating family dishes and it will be fun working in the kitchen with you again - wish you were nearer then we could do it more often
Love
Aunt Soraya

muymalestado

« Reply #7 on: 08:42:13, 07/05/08 »
So, it takes Sir Tim Berniers-Lee and 10,000 html servers to get auntie and nephew to speak?   ;D

heatherbank

« Reply #8 on: 09:19:03, 07/05/08 »
Its mad isn't it - here we are with each others email addresses - phone numbers - mobile phone numbers etc and yet we are so busy that we dont take time to chat however that is soon to be remedied and we are up for sale so that we can be nearer family whom we miss very much.
cheers Soraya - ps its a fabulous day for walking here today and the sun is shining brightly 8)

muymalestado

« Reply #9 on: 11:48:52, 07/05/08 »
Similar weather in the east - sun a bit shaded by high cloud, light wind - I believe breakdown of the high pressure is due for the weekend.   :(

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 10:38:59, 12/05/08 »
I can wholeheartedly endorse this area and the walks Soraya mentions. How could you even think of leaving Soraya?... get the family to move to you!

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy