Author Topic: Bynuten Norway  (Read 4292 times)

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Bynuten Norway
« on: 18:19:26, 01/08/09 »
I managed to sneak off early yesterday and drove inland to walk up a mountain called Bynuten. There wasn't much information about the walk, but I was assured that it was well marked and impossible to lose my way...again ::). The weather forecast wasn't too bad, but it looked ominously cloudy on my way there. The scenery was wonderful, and I looked forward to a good stretch of the legs. I nearly didn't get to walk as the path was covered by a torrent of water and I had to go downstream for a bit to find a way across.

The trails in Norway are marked with red gloss paint - not something you'd expect, but it was very helpful for me. I doubt the same would ever happen in the UK. They had even marked the trees through the wooded bits. When the trail curves around they mark the rocks with a big smile.

The walk took about 4 and a bit hours over 7.7 miles. It was mostly rock hopping and avoiding the boggy bits but the views from the summit made it all worthwhile. I got royally pee'd uponj on my way down but not before I'd taken in all the views. Another quirk of the summit was a small post box that contained a notebook - you could write your name in and a comment....interesting. In 5 hours...I didn't see anyone - wonderful and relaxing....apart from the scrambly bits

It was a great little walk though - here's some pictures..

The view from Oltedal - I'm planning on driving inland from here in a weeks time

the path started off ok where it runs up to a farm - but over the hill it was a rough trail

it followed the shore of a lake for a couple of miles. It reminded me of Loch Lomond a bit - the path I mean - full of boulders and very wet in places

around this lake then up to the left

then Bynuten appeared - you can just see the summit cairn

the way up was to the waterfall at the middle top of picture

which fell from this tarn. Bynuten up to the right

the higher I got the better the views became...obviously

and then I was up - fantastic views and the picture doesn't do them justice

looking back to Oltedal in the valley - where the first picture was taken

the view towards Lysefjord - home of the Pulpit rock and Kjerag

the view down back to the start past the two lakes and over the little hill

the route passed around the back of the tarn and then down over the falls

the boggy rocky lakeside path - bits of it were under the lakes surface as it has been raining so much lately - and we moan about the weather, the Norwegians just shrug their shoulders

nearly back to the start

and the walk down to the car..somewhere
« Last Edit: 18:56:08, 01/08/09 by ramblingpete »

radder

• Veteran Member
Re: Bynuten Norway
« Reply #1 on: 21:45:37, 01/08/09 »
Some fantasic pictures there pete  O0 talking to Mike on a recent walk  he told me how much a pint of beer was in Norway  :D :D

genji

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: 04:17:28, 02/08/09 »
They are great pictures, and it looks like a wonderful place to walk.
"pain is your bodies way of telling you that it is hurting"

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 06:27:00, 02/08/09 »
Some fantasic pictures there pete  O0 talking to Mike on a recent walk  he told me how much a pint of beer was in Norway  :D :D

Cheers Mark - It makes my eyes water everytime I have to pay for one - between £8 and £10 a pint :o

They are great pictures, and it looks like a wonderful place to walk.

Thanks Genji - I'm hoping for better shots next weekend if the weather is kind to me.

Dizzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:32:56, 02/08/09 »
Fab Photo's Pete, what a lovely place :)

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:08:29, 03/08/09 »
Fab Photo's Pete, what a lovely place :)

Thanks Dizzy - It reminds me a lot of Wales up around Llanberis pass way - only a lot more of it. I did another walk yesterday that would have been spectacular pictures but it turned into a bit of a damp squib :-[

mad max

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 18:09:30, 09/08/09 »
Superb scenery what a lovely place,nice one Pete.
Freeman of Tryfan.
Welsh Nuttalls completer.
I am a troll,beware.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy