Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1600 times)

Magic girl

« on: 15:54:14, 28/03/18 »
hi everyone I'm new here,I've had mental health problems most of my aduld life(panic/anxiety/depression Nd SAD)i always find a good long walk in the countryside makes me feel loads better it's just that i struggle to get motivated in the winter months.Im married and have a 17 year old son who has aspergers and adhd and I've been his carer all his life,now he is older and able to do more for himself i want to explore a bit more and go on longer walks as I currently only walk to the next village and back(about 6 miles)I've always wanted to explore the Peak District and their are a couple of really good nature reserves not far from where i am.Im currently looking round and purchasing bits of kit/ clothing and getting as much information and advice as i can and I'm going to learn how to use my sons camera which is really good but he never uses as i love wildlife and nature and I'm going to combine walking and photography.Hopefuly in another couple of years i will be able to go on longer hikes and stay overnight and hubby is quiet keen aswell x

tom83

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 18:46:56, 28/03/18 »
Hello and welcome from West Lancs  ;D

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:41:24, 28/03/18 »
Welcome from the Sussex coast     :)   

With the spring flowers coming into bloom it's a good opportunity to try out the camera   

Troggy

« Reply #3 on: 11:17:56, 29/03/18 »
Welcome Magic Girl, from me in Liverpool.

I'm sure that as you are so keen, a new episode in your life loving nature, will become more and more open to you, as you explore further.
Good luck and best wishes.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:53:53, 29/03/18 »
Welcome from Devon :)
Countryside and nature are my motivations for walking too.  Add photography every walk opens your eyes to new and often unexpected discoveries.  :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

RogerA

« Reply #5 on: 16:44:52, 29/03/18 »
Welcome from North Warwickshire.

The peak district is lovely area to walk, I dont have a dedicated camera but almost every walk I'm whipping my phone out to capture photos - its a huge sense of pleasure to me to get a well framed and well lit shot of some dramitic landscape - or even quite ordinary landscape can look amazing in the right light.

You should find a lot of good advice here - if you dont find what you're looking for please ask - theres a good bunch here - supportive and friendly and not all athletic racing snakes - many of us are just ordinary people who happen to like walking to relieve the stresses and strains of the day.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 18:49:57, 29/03/18 »
Hi M.G and welcome from the Peak District O0

Wishing you all the best with your walking/photography adventures!

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy