Author Topic: tent for long distance  (Read 820 times)

m.Noir

tent for long distance
« on: 21:15:19, 16/01/18 »
Hi, just joined!
Not in the springtime of life, but I've decided to do the GrR20 in corsica in June. Plenty of time to train, but would love some advice on a lightweight tent to take. From what I've read, the ground pretty rough. and i dont have a massive budget , say £200 ish. thanks
Bruce

Zizag

• Veteran Member
Re: tent for long distance
« Reply #1 on: 22:28:36, 16/01/18 »
Hello m.Noir  :)
A couple of tents that get good reviews .
The Zephros 1 man tent by Terra Nova ,weight 1.60Kg
On sale  at Winfield's for cheap price £80 .
Also.
Helium Force 10 one man tent .weight 1.30Kg
about £180 various dealers .
Read reviews on UK Campsite forum .Both got excellent specifications.

Good luck on your search And walk
Zizag ;)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: tent for long distance
« Reply #2 on: 10:42:36, 17/01/18 »
Buying a tent is my number one issue at the moment. I have the Zephyros 1, a good tent but I've never really like it, like sleeping in a coffin. I also have a Marmot Pulsar 1, (no longer made) much better tent for the warmer months, mesh interior, what I really like about it is the interior space and headroom. Both about the same weight.

I have looked at tent after tent and I look for maximum interior space, maximum height, simple to erect and of course I want it to be fairly light. I have arrived at fancying the Tarptent Rainbow, I think its what looks best for me?

I'm also torn as to whether I should not bother with a tent but to buy myself a Bivi and to use the Tarp with it? Just cannot seem to move forward in my thinking at the moment, so still working on it.

I'm also influenced by price, can't see the sense of spending a lot of money, my camping is mainly spring summer and autumn and I'm the sort of individual thats always on the move, can't stay for more than a night anywhere.

If I finally choose to buy a new tent I'm going to purchase a Naturehike Targa 1, a Chinese copy of the Tarptent Rainbow 1. For the price of one Tarptent I could buy nearly three Naturehike tents. In term of layout I also think the Naturehike seems to be better internally as well. Of course I may be wrong, I can only tell from looking at both tents on my PC screen.

I too am hoping to hike the GR20 this year, I'd thought about July? My dates will be totally dependent on how much it costs to get there and back. From what I've read it might be useful if the tent that is taken is freestanding but I'm going to look into this further.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy