Author Topic: Looking for trails + estimated times: London-Stevenage-Cambridge-Peterborough  (Read 1106 times)

Andy at Focallocal

As the title says. Anyone here know of any routes between these locations, and an estimate of how long it takes to walk the trail.

I'm planning on walking from London to Edinburgh and passing through each of these towns on the way to run an activity to promote the launch our a Public Happiness and Well-being app our team of volunteers has been building.

I'd much prefer to walk scenic trails than alongside roads where possible.

Here's the full planned route:

London
Stevenage
Cambridge
Peterborough
Grantham
Newark on Trent
Doncaster
York
Darlington
Newcastle
Jedburgh
Edinburgh

I'd love your help if you know any routes,
Andy
« Last Edit: 23:10:52, 30/05/18 by Andy at Focallocal »

beefy

• Veteran Member
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

harland

• Veteran Member
Try the Thames footpath and then go cross country to get to Land's End then the South West Coast Path and divert to the South Downs Way and then it shouldn't be far to Edinburgh from there.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
Jedburgh to Edinburgh you could use the Scottish National trail.  And if you followed the coast from Newcastle to Holy Island you could pick up St Cuthberts way to get to Jedburgh.  Maybe 3 days for the St Cuthbert's way bit.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
Sorry, realise this should have gone in one of the sections further north.

Slogger

• Veteran Member
Try the Thames footpath and then go cross country to get to Land's End then the South West Coast Path and divert to the South Downs Way and then it shouldn't be far to Edinburgh from there.
Nice photo harland going off your comment, have you been on the ale?  ;)

harland

• Veteran Member
Trying to help him/her enjoy their Public Happiness & Wellness App - I was trying to help him/her get a good response!  It could be that I am just back from JoG having completed LEJoG, albeit not in one go, and I must admit to trying their ale to make sure it was OK whilst I was there.
« Last Edit: 07:13:34, 01/06/18 by harland »

Andy at Focallocal

Thanks guys. Has anyone walked any of those paths? how long did it take you?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy