Author Topic: SWCP St Ives to Pendeen  (Read 2373 times)

Tilly4p

SWCP St Ives to Pendeen
« on: 06:21:14, 03/06/19 »
I am after some advice - spending a few days walking the CP early July and a bit worried this section is going to be too tough for one day. Arriving st ives about lunchtime so thought I could make a start that afternoon rather than doing the whole leg the following day. Anyone have any suggestions for camping around Zennor? Not sure I am brave enough to wild camp. Thanks  :)

Warbler

Re: SWCP St Ives to Pendeen
« Reply #1 on: 16:10:10, 04/06/19 »

This is one of the toughest, but most rewarding sections, in my opinion. There doesn't appear to be any campsites until Morvah, which is close to Pendeen.

You could consider walking to Zennor, or beyond, then diverting inland to the coast road where you could catch a bus back to St Ives and stay there for the evening (or stay at the campsite at Morvah, using the same bus service). The following morning, return to where you finished the previous day using the same bus service, and carry on. The section between Pendeen Watch and Sennen Cove is less challenging, and at only 9 miles you could probably reach Sennen the same day.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: SWCP St Ives to Pendeen
« Reply #2 on: 22:03:56, 17/06/19 »
Beautiful stretch of coast path.  There is a popular Inn at Zennor.  Though if your a fit walker I would think you could do the entire stretch in one if you wanted.  It goes up and down a lot but it all doable.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy