Author Topic: Anglesey  (Read 17359 times)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
Re: Anglesey
« Reply #45 on: 14:41:01, 11/05/18 »
Last year, three very rare Leatherback Turtles were sighted in Welsh waters, one off Cardigan Bay, another off the Llyn Peninsula, and the other off the coast near Bull Bay.
Either the plenty full supply of food, cleanly ness of the waters, or both.

A reported but unconfirmed sighting of a Great White Shark, was made off Cornwall last year.

Be affraid, very affraid, to swim in our waters,   WE ARE NOT ALONE

Hope you have a great trip, Tracy, revisiting this topic has bought back an old memory. I remember diving in Bull Bay, I decided to swim back to the shore on my own but the tide was ebbing an I was not making much headway against it. I still had some air in my tank so, dived under the kelp so I pull myself along by the stems, I was making good progress, when a big, thick piece was was lying at arms length out in front of me, the tide was so strong that sand was falling back into my face. Just as I was about to close my hand on the horizontal frond of kelp stem, as I thought, it moved away from me in a snaking movement. It was a conga eel out for an afternoon stroll, about 4 in across it's back, I snatched my hand back out of the way, I certainly did not want it to turn around and show the size of it's head and mouth.

BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 16:23:20, 11/05/18 »
Make sure you visit the Prince Llewellyn tearoom in Aberffraw.
I took my mother there last Saturday, and simply blew my mind on their home made Carrot cake.
Pot of tea for two, toasted teacakes for the both of us, and a massive wedge of Carrot cake covered in cream.

All this for £9.25, excellent value.

The place was heaving with customers because of the stunning weather,

All the food is freshly made on the premises, and if your walking the Anglesey coastal path, its one of the best tearooms on this part of the island.

The nosh is so good, i occasionally make a lengthy drive from Dyffryn just to eat there.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 20:38:32, 20/05/18 »

..... It was a conga eel out for an afternoon stroll, about 4 in across it's back, I snatched my hand back out of the way, I certainly did not want it to turn around and show the size of it's head and mouth.

:o :o   Sounds like a lucky miss to me!  Glad you survived the rough sea to tell the tale though O0

I had a fabulous holiday and the weather was glorious all week, apart from one morning when there was a bit of misty drizzle for a few hours.

I'm nicely tanned and have over 500 photos to sort through! :D

Jac, I really enjoyed walking around the church and priory at Penmon....and the Dovecote was great too.  Lovely bit of headland to explore also 8)

Spring is definitely the time to walk on coastal paths.  The wild flowers and thrift looked stunning O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy