Author Topic: Crib Goch Foxes Path  (Read 6585 times)

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Crib Goch Foxes Path
« Reply #15 on: 08:38:29, 25/11/18 »
Thanks Redeye, nice video. The path looks clearer than some so-called paths I've walked on. Must watch out for those bullies, though (alright, I've seen that B is near G on the keyboard).

As for the whole route, blimey Mike, are you sure you still want to do it?

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 08:55:46, 25/11/18 »
Not sure if this will help but it shows how faint the path is. It is relatively easy to follow though but there are one of two steep bullies to be aware of. A great way on to the north ridge and you have the cloud inversions as well........ O0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GgxDpeVYkPc

Thanks. That is an interesting video.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 09:10:27, 25/11/18 »

I am hoping to tackle the 3000s with some work friends on my next trip to Snowdonia. The planned route will take us down Crib Goch and the North Ridge to Cwm Glas Mawr, followed by the road to Nant Peris, etc. If successful, my thoughts were to plan another attempt on the 3000s by a more pleasing route, avoiding walking on the road as far as possible. In this scenario, we would use the Foxes Path to return to Pen Y Pass. From there we would walk to the PyG via the (new to me) path or via Moel Berfedd. This would allow us to use the Miners’ Path into the Glyders / Tryfan. I know this would add distance, but would be more pleasing to me than road walking. A real classic approach (probably over more than 1 day) would start by reversing the Snowdon Horseshoe, climbing Tryfan by the North Ridge, ascending Bristly Ridge, completing the Glyderrau, descending Y Garn NE ridge and into the Carneddau by Pen Yr Olewen east ridge. This would be a serious undertaking over at least 2 days. I suppose I could follow the main ridges by using the north to south route, but there would still be the road to trudge along.

Maybe this would be biting off too much, but at least I can dream. At least I may get the chance to spy out the CG North Ridge end of the Foxes Path when attempting the 3000s.

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 12:02:52, 25/11/18 »
Thanks Redeye, nice video. The path looks clearer than some so-called paths I've walked on. Must watch out for those bullies, though (alright, I've seen that B is near G on the keyboard).

Ha ha, just realised thst. Think of Steve Wright, no G  ;D (radio 2 on a Friday)  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy