Author Topic: Which LDW for 2019?  (Read 4586 times)

ron6632

Re: Which LDW for 2019?
« Reply #15 on: 02:47:41, 05/01/19 »
For something a bit different I can highly recommend the Weald Way from Gravesend to Eastbourne.  It’s a lovely varied route which is seldom walked now.  Away from the honey pot sites it’s very quiet.

Waymarking can be a little sporadic, but it crosses the North and South Downs, the greensand ridge, Camp Hill and has a lovely section along the Medway.

The only downside is the walk out of Gravesend is a bit grim 😆

mow1701

« Reply #16 on: 19:01:45, 24/03/19 »
I’m going to Sweden to do the Kungsleden Trail, south to north. First foreign LDW

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 19:47:10, 24/03/19 »
Thanks ninthace, yes I should have written Gateau Basque, my best one was after an exhausting previous day, rain overnight AND thrashing around with my hiking stick at dawn trying to get rid of 5 domesticated pigs! I hiked on eventually and came across the Cafe Pedro! I had two large portions! Heaven!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 19:53:43, 24/03/19 »
In April I'm walking from Borrowdale to Carlisle, along Hadrian's Wall to the Pennine Way crossover point then going north to Kirk Yetholm and about four days later will hike into Edinburgh.

I'm not going to book anything abroad until I know whats happening about Brexit but if it is sorted out, I fancy the GR5 from Lake Geneva to Nice.

I'd like to hike the GR10 again but this time from the Mediterranean to the Bay of Biscay, not sure if I'm past my sell by date though, 50 days hiking is a pretty tough proposition! I can still dream though!

dank86

« Reply #19 on: 19:59:24, 24/03/19 »
In April I'm walking from Borrowdale to Carlisle, along Hadrian's Wall to the Pennine Way crossover point then going north to Kirk Yetholm and about four days later will hike into Edinburgh.

I'm not going to book anything abroad until I know whats happening about Brexit but if it is sorted out, I fancy the GR5 from Lake Geneva to Nice.

I'd like to hike the GR10 again but this time from the Mediterranean to the Bay of Biscay, not sure if I'm past my sell by date though, 50 days hiking is a pretty tough proposition! I can still dream though!

Don't wait and see to book, just do it! I'm doing the tmb in July brexit or no brexit

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 11:36:29, 25/03/19 »
No, I'm going to wait and see. For me, the flight booking is not the problem, its the thought of possibly having to wait around in airports for hours that I can't deal with.

Just a small observation in my city, Portsmouth. The council have just cleared, tarmaced and white lined a new lorry holding area just off the M275, just north of our Ferry Port and next to our Park and Ride scheme.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy