Author Topic: TR Knoydart Part 3.  (Read 2639 times)

Owen

• Veteran Member
TR Knoydart Part 3.
« on: 20:26:01, 21/07/18 »
From Glen Dessarry I needed to get back to the car in Mallaig, there's a long ridge between Loch Nevis and Loch Morar that would take me back the way I wanted to go. First I had to get up onto that ridge.

The only way is up.

And up.

Sgurr nam Meirleach, trying it's best to look like the Matterhorn.

Then it started getting misty.

I camped at the end of the ridge just above Tarbet Bay, I'll just drop down and pick up the track along the shore of Loch Morar I thought. getting down off the ridge proved to be a bit of a mare. I traversed right around the hillside from above Swordlands till I was above Camron McIntyre's house every where I went I was above crags and dense undergrowth. Eventually I spotted a style. "If there's a style there should be a path so I forced my way down to the style, there was no path. So I thrashed on down till I did find one.

Tarbet Bay, the old church used to be Frankies Bunkhouse, it's now a private house.

Loch Morar and the way home.   

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: TR Knoydart Part 3.
« Reply #1 on: 08:46:00, 22/07/18 »
Looks great O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:59:33, 22/07/18 »

Thanks for posting Owen; wonderful wild country; I bet that you didn't meet a soul.

WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:16:23, 22/07/18 »
A few mostly on Ladhar Bheinn and a couple at Sourlies. Not enough to make it feel crowded.  O0

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:45:40, 23/07/18 »
More dramatic photos of the great scenery  O0
Hate will never win

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 07:13:46, 24/07/18 »

More dramatic photos of the great scenery  O0

I love it that you can just lose yourself (figuratively speaking) in the remoter parts of the Highlands in this way. My wife and I once did a 14 mile walk in and a remote wild camp, just to get to the foot of a couple of mountains that we particularly wanted to climb (Ruadh Stac Mor and A Mhaighdean).

« Last Edit: 07:44:28, 24/07/18 by richardh1905 »

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:34:07, 30/07/18 »
If anyone is remotely interested I've written up my trip on my blog http://donthaveone-owen.blogspot.com/

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:24:22, 31/07/18 »
I enjoyed reading your blog Owen  :)
Hate will never win

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 12:23:01, 31/07/18 »
If anyone is remotely interested I've written up my trip on my blog http://donthaveone-owen.blogspot.com/

Enjoyed your blog of the trip, Owen. That campsite at the head of Glen Dessary looks idyllic.

I suspect water contaminated by the cattle as being the reason behind you throwing up, not the rye bread! I do have my doubts about the effectiveness of portable filters.

And that's the second photo of an adder in the vicinity of the Eidart Bridge that I have seen on the web within the last couple of days - a popular spot for them!

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:54:59, 31/07/18 »
Could be but I felt alright before I eat the sandwich and after I'd thrown up. The water was boiled as well as filtered ( I drink a lot of tea). It is a good area for seeing adders.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy