Author Topic: Beaten by the weather!!  (Read 975 times)

Al plus boots

• Veteran Member
Beaten by the weather!!
« on: 18:19:35, 22/07/10 »
 :(  On Tuesday (20th July) I planned to walk up Snowdon with my wife. The route I had decided on was the Pyg Track for ascent and the return using the Miners Track.

The weather forecast had stated that the rain was moving in from the west and that Snowdonia would eventually be dull, but dry.

We set of from the very expensive car park at Pen-Y-Pass (£10 for the whole day!!!!). The rain started as we set off and was on and off for the whole of our walk. The views opened up as we climbed higher, however, it was that wet I could not be bothered getting my camera out.

Made the decision at the junction of the two paths to come down (lots of mst at the summit) - the rain was relentless!

I will have to do this again on another day... Al.
'Love Life. Live Life'

carolina2k9

• Veteran Member
Re: Beaten by the weather!!
« Reply #1 on: 19:01:28, 22/07/10 »
better luck next time m8 O0 , i was in snowdonia last wk.end the weather was awful too!! and yes im gunna go back. :)
Happiness is only a Hill away :-)

JulianC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:42:18, 22/07/10 »
Bummer about the weather. Remember struggling up the same way in blizzards and heavy cloud one winter. Got to the top of the Pyg and the snow stopped and cloud lifted to reveal the most awesome blue skies and distant views. Stayed like that for about 20 minutes and then the cloud and snow returned as we started back down. Usually happens the other way round.

Al plus boots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:05:47, 23/07/10 »
 O0  Cheers for your comments/support. I was gutted at the time. Upon reflection, I made the right decision I think. I will go back and do it again.

My wife was really not enjoying this walk. However, she is as determined as me to go back and take the same route.

I was surprised at the lack of gear some people were wearing on their way up. Typically. tracksuit and trainers. Spotted a couple of people in flip flops!!!

We were fully kitted out but the conditions the higher you got were awful...

Looking forward to our next attempt. Al
'Love Life. Live Life'

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy