Author Topic: TR 25th May - A Howgills wander  (Read 8830 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: TR 25th May - A Howgills wander
« Reply #30 on: 18:30:36, 28/05/20 »

I'm thinking of going back this weekend for a walk over above Black Force then down Uldale and back along Langdale up Cobles and back to Fairmile gate.

I'm planning the same route in, but I want to prolong the Langdale experience so I'll be coming out via the Saddle Grain ridge (the next one south east of Cobles). Didn't have a date in mind, but suffering a lot from hay fever right now so may delay it a bit - certainly took the shine off our Black Combe walk today.

Enjoy your walk  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 18:41:16, 28/05/20 »
BTW I have gambled and bought a cheap train ticket to Ravenglass for the 3rd July. If we are free by then can you ask squeaky if she fancies a wild camp ;)

:( It doesn't look likely that we are going to be free at the moment, no news about being able to stay overnight anywhere  :( I've realised the 3rd is a Friday and I am at work anyway. Are you staying a few days?

I am laughing at this evenings announcement by Boris. He said we can meet in groups of six outside from 1st June as long as people from other households stay 2m apart  ;D Has he not been in a park or beach in the last week where hundreds of people were together and not necessarily keeping 2m apart? Where we were near Greenfield it was quite busy too although we managed to keep our distance from most. There were a few who must not have heard of Covid and gave us no space at all.
Hate will never win

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 21:03:04, 28/05/20 »
I would love to organise a forum meetup in the Howgills, but given the current situation, it will have to wait.

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 22:27:55, 28/05/20 »
I'm planning the same route in, but I want to prolong the Langdale experience so I'll be coming out via the Saddle Grain ridge (the next one south east of Cobles). Didn't have a date in mind, but suffering a lot from hay fever right now so may delay it a bit - certainly took the shine off our Black Combe walk today.

Enjoy your walk  :)
Thanks Richard, Sorry you are struck down with hay fever :(

:( It doesn't look likely that we are going to be free at the moment, no news about being able to stay overnight anywhere  :( I've realised the 3rd is a Friday and I am at work anyway. Are you staying a few days?
yes my ticket is for Friday afternoon so I thought we might be able to meet somewhere on Saturday but it is looking like I might have lost my tenner >:(

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 18:08:32, 29/05/20 »
Don't give up on your ticket just yet, Karl.

Saw this in the press -

The Government do however have hopes holidaymakers might be able to take UK staycations from July.Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden as previously insisted he “would love to get the tourism sector up as quickly as we possibly can”. He continued: "We've set this very ambitious plan to try and get it up and running by the beginning of July."

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 19:16:37, 29/05/20 »
Saw this in the press -

The Government do however have hopes holidaymakers might be able to take UK staycations from July.Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden as previously insisted he “would love to get the tourism sector up as quickly as we possibly can”. He continued: "We've set this very ambitious plan to try and get it up and running by the beginning of July."

I bleddy well hope so  O0

Not that I am in much of a rush to see Karl again  :D but it may mean people can travel on trains and stay overnight. Beefy is fully prepared to camp in my garden. Not sure if Squeaky will know what is expected though  :D
Hate will never win

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 17:37:45, 30/05/20 »
I bleddy well hope so  O0

Not that I am in much of a rush to see Karl again  :D but it may mean people can travel on trains and stay overnight. Beefy is fully prepared to camp in my garden. Not sure if Squeaky will know what is expected though  :D

I'll have to hope that something is sorted,  to annoy April if nothing else :D
Although from what I've seen this week and on my local walk today social distancing has gone out of the window so if no bug**r else is following the rules I might just go anyway.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 20:22:49, 30/05/20 »
I'll have to hope that something is sorted,  to annoy April if nothing else :D
Although from what I've seen this week and on my local walk today social distancing has gone out of the window so if no bug**r else is following the rules I might just go anyway.

I hope to be very annoyed  :D

On today's walk with beefy from Greenfield we had a few problems with other people not knowing they should be keeping 6 feet away! Another smashing walk, I have to say I'm not really missing the LD.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy