Author Topic: National Trust carpark  (Read 5600 times)

Lancasterwalker

National Trust carpark
« on: 21:58:00, 25/07/15 »
Hey

We do a bit of walking in the Lakes and we recently joined the national trust.
I'm finding it hard to find a full list of carparks in the Lake district which are NT.
I've looked on their website and in the handbook, but can't find one!

Anyone know of a list?

Thanks

karl h

• Veteran Member

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
Re: National Trust carpark
« Reply #2 on: 22:53:36, 25/07/15 »
I had the same query a few years ago. I asked one of the NT volunteers that man the car parks and lo and behold he gave me such a map! Maybe you could request one via their website...

Lancasterwalker

« Reply #3 on: 08:50:32, 26/07/15 »
Thank you for the link! Yes I will email them and see if they have one!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Lakeland Lorry

« Reply #5 on: 08:31:10, 07/08/15 »
Here you go -
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zFVD9OYL-BVQ.kIlObXwAfUTc&hl=en_US

O0

It may be my computer, or my eyes, but a lot of the labels on that list look wrong to me.   

It's listing the car park for Rosthwaite as being half way down the Lorton valley road and at a car park (which to my knowledge) doesn't exist.    Also, what is the Wasdale car park doing on the side of Lake Windermere?   The Tarn Hows and Elterwater car parks look like they are the wrong way round to me, and the Watendlath car park has been placed half way up a fell at Matterdale Common.   Finally, it's placed the Honister Pass car park at Greystoke, near Penrith.

As I said, it could be my eyes that are deceiving me.    :D :D :D :D :D

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 08:37:37, 07/08/15 »
It may be my computer, or my eyes, but a lot of the labels on that list look wrong to me.   
It's listing the car park for Rosthwaite as being half way down the Lorton valley road and at a car park (which to my knowledge) doesn't exist.    Also, what is the Wasdale car park doing on the side of Lake Windermere?   The Tarn Hows and Elterwater car parks look like they are the wrong way round to me, and the Watendlath car park has been placed half way up a fell at Matterdale Common.   Finally, it's placed the Honister Pass car park at Greystoke, near Penrith.

This explains why Karl has no idea where he is most of the time  ;)
Hate will never win

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:57:03, 07/08/15 »

[/size]It may be my computer, or my eyes, but a lot of the labels on that list look wrong to me.   

As I said, it could be my eyes that are deceiving me.    :D :D :D :D :D

This explains why Karl has no idea where he is most of the time  ;)

What  ???  You're  trying to tell me that Honister is not near Penrith ;D

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 10:41:40, 07/08/15 »
Try this
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy