Author Topic: Anyone know buxton to bakewell busses?  (Read 941 times)

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
Anyone know buxton to bakewell busses?
« on: 14:52:00, 28/12/16 »
Firstly - Hello all  O0  I'm still alive, just busy with life. Hope you're all well and had a great Christmas?

I now have a partner who's done a fair amount of walking in her teens but will need to build fitness etc before doing much now so we're getting out doing pleasant, relatively flat walks when we can and it's occurred to me that I never got 'round to doing the Monsal trail. The distance wouldn't really be a problem but looping back to the start doesn't really look like a very interesting walk so I thought I'd get the bus back

But, after a bit of reading and head scratching, I decided I'd just ask. Doesn't matter which end we start/finish but needs to have a Sunday service this coming weekend (31st & 1st). I was thinking I'd start at the viaduct (coombs road) and end at Topley pike but the other way around is fine too.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone know buxton to bakewell busses?
« Reply #1 on: 18:42:34, 28/12/16 »
Here's a link to Derbyshire bus timetables and a route map but it would be a good idea to look at the bus operators' websites to see what services are running over the holiday weekend.  The 65, 66, 173 and the TransPeak access the area between Buxton and Bakewell.  I've used buses to walk some of the Monsal Trail and riverside and cliff paths between Monsal Head and Blackwell.

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:53:58, 29/12/16 »
excellent  O0  thankyou very much

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:38:12, 01/01/17 »
Firstly - Hello all  O0  I'm still alive, just busy with life. Hope you're all well and had a great Christmas?

I now have a partner who's done a fair amount of walking in her teens but will need to build fitness etc before doing much now so we're getting out doing pleasant, relatively flat walks when we can and it's occurred to me that I never got 'round to doing the Monsal trail. The distance wouldn't really be a problem but looping back to the start doesn't really look like a very interesting walk so I thought I'd get the bus back

But, after a bit of reading and head scratching, I decided I'd just ask. Doesn't matter which end we start/finish but needs to have a Sunday service this coming weekend (31st & 1st). I was thinking I'd start at the viaduct (coombs road) and end at Topley pike but the other way around is fine too.

By "looping back" do you mean simply turning round and using trail itself to get back to starting point?

If you start at Bakewell say and walk to other end of trail, then come off trail and use other tracks (starting by heading towards Chelmorton and Taddington say) to get back to Bakewell, then the return journey is far more interesting walking than the trail itself.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy