Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3287 times)

Wild Flower

Hello!
« on: 19:12:30, 31/05/11 »
Hi!  I live just oustide of Seattle, Washington (USA).  My husband and I are heading your way at the end of the month.  We are really excited to get to do some hiking and see your beautiful area! :)

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: 19:37:18, 31/05/11 »
Hi Wild Flower
Oops! I just answered your other post and asked where you come from! Doh  :-[  Silly me, welcome to the forum  :)

Cheviot Stroller

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:38:37, 31/05/11 »
Hi and welcome to the forum Wild Flower  :)
Work to live, live to walk

http://ramblingnana.blogspot.co.uk/

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:49:37, 31/05/11 »
Welcome to the forum. Just love the way you say you are visiting 'our area'. Just which area are you coming to?
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

wanderingchas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:50:04, 31/05/11 »
Hi and welcome to the forum  O0
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:05:18, 31/05/11 »
Welcome to the forum. Just love the way you say you are visiting 'our area'. Just which area are you coming to?
;D   I guess we must seem tiny compared to them over there ;D

Hey we all have our own identities in the different areas ;D   What part are you comin to?  Bloody New Yorkers, such a big neck on em eh?   ;D
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

Alex Quinn

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:13:49, 31/05/11 »
Hello Wild Flower and welcome from Aberdeen O0

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:58:28, 31/05/11 »
Hello and a warm welcome  O0
Walk

Wild Flower

« Reply #8 on: 21:25:33, 31/05/11 »
Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry, I meant your area of the world!   :D 

We are flying to London and then heading for a few days in the northern Cotswolds.  From there we'll head for Ulverston and walk the Cumbria Way, ending with a train ride through the Dales.  Next up, we rent a car and drive up into Scotland.  This should hands down be the scariest part of our trip.  As you know, we Americans drive on the wrong side of the road! ;D 

We will spend a night outside of Edinburgh (too scared to try driving in the city!) and then head for Inverness.  We're doing a hike in the Cairngorms (Northern Corries) and then have a free day.  Would love suggestions for this day.  I posed the question under the Scotland forum.  After that we're off to Skye for a few days and then back to Inverness and a train back to London, and then home from there.

Can't wait!!!

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 21:37:26, 31/05/11 »
Thanks for the welcome!

Next up, we rent a car and drive up into Scotland.  This should hands down be the scariest part of our trip. 

You think the driving's going to be scary, just brace yourself for when you have to pay for the petrol (gas) :o .

Sounds like a great trip.

Alewife

...beware of the bull!

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 21:48:25, 31/05/11 »

Can't wait!!!
That all sounds bloody brilliant! Wish i could help you with ideas for last day. You have a fantstic itinerary sorted there O0 O0
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

Wild Flower

« Reply #11 on: 21:50:39, 31/05/11 »
Yeah, I've read about your petrol prices!  :o     

Wild Flower

« Reply #12 on: 21:53:01, 31/05/11 »
Thanks Jimmy!  I spent a lot of hours reading up and pouring over maps.  It's been quite a project, and has been a lot of fun learing about the different areas!  We're just sort of fine tuning now.  I wouldn't want to try planning a trip like this without the internet!

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 22:22:44, 31/05/11 »
Don't know how adventurous you are guys, but when you visit Skye, although it's all great, try and Visit the Quirang (Ker-rang) it's an area of Landslips North of Portree. You'll pass the Old Man of Storr on the way, just follow the road North out of Portree towards Staffin.

Also if you Go to the Beach at GlenBrittle from there you can walk up into Coire Lagan, where you can see the Innacessible Pinnacle and a ring of Mountain peaks another 300 metres or so above you.  Even if you don't go up into the Coire (Valley) you'll see some fantastic scenery.

Whereabouts in the Northern Cotswolds are you going?
Walk

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: 23:26:16, 31/05/11 »
Hello and welcome to the forum

Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy