Author Topic: Photographers Question & Answers corner  (Read 87946 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Photographers Question & Answers corner
« Reply #90 on: 15:44:48, 14/04/19 »
Does your phone camera not have a self timer button? Delay the photo for 3-10secs and just hold the phone one handed until it takes the photo  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: 15:45:17, 14/04/19 »
I'm not holding any of my "brews" so one handed camera action isn't mandatory  ;D

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: 15:46:43, 14/04/19 »
Does your phone camera not have a self timer button? Delay the photo for 3-10secs and just hold the phone one handed until it takes the photo  O0

I didn't know it did this, thanks also.

Shrops

« Reply #93 on: 10:18:48, 09/01/20 »
Question

I am looking for a camera that is lightweight and has RAW file capability for hiking any suggestions?
Hadrian's Wall 2009,10,13
Coast to Coast 2009,2014
Offa's Dyke
Sandstone Trail
Cotswold Way
Severn Way
South Downs Way
Coleridge Way

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #94 on: 10:48:47, 09/01/20 »
We are using a Sony RX100 (Mark III), very small and lightweight and shoots in RAW. Excellent quality for its tiny size (fits in my hipbelt pocket) with a decent zoom range. They are up to the Mark VII now - expensive, but the older Marks like ours are relatively cheap.

For post processing, whatever your choice of camera, check that you have software available for your operating system to handle the RAW files, including the often forgotten lens-correction facility.

Shrops

« Reply #95 on: 10:55:15, 09/01/20 »

Hi Thanks I will check it out I am walking Pennine Way in Sept and want something more manageable that the Canon I currently hav. RAW files I use Lightroom

We are using a Sony RX100 (Mark III), very small and lightweight and shoots in RAW. Excellent quality for its tiny size (fits in my hipbelt pocket) with a decent zoom range. They are up to the Mark VII now - expensive, but the older Marks like ours are relatively cheap.

For post processing, whatever your choice of camera, check that you have software available for your operating system to handle the RAW files, including the often forgotten lens-correction facility.
Hadrian's Wall 2009,10,13
Coast to Coast 2009,2014
Offa's Dyke
Sandstone Trail
Cotswold Way
Severn Way
South Downs Way
Coleridge Way

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: 10:56:40, 09/01/20 »
Another shout for the RX100 here, although mine's a MK1. Great camera!  O0

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: 11:40:48, 09/01/20 »
I always carry my Olympus 1s with me. It is light, fully controllable and shoots RAW if required. It is like a mini SLR and the one thing that is a prerequisite for me is a good view finder, which it has. It is not an optical viewfinder but it is 1.44 million dot electronic. It really is nice too.
It is compact and although will not quite fit in a pocket it will fit in a small camera bag and you can carry it on your shoulder all day. Most of the common parameters are adjustable with buttons or dials on the body which saves time by not having to scroll through a menu.

They are not made any more but you can pick a good second hand one up off E Bay or Amazon for a third of the original cost which was a round £450 if my memory serves me right.
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy