Author Topic: Walking Retreats for Next Year  (Read 1729 times)

walkchamp

Walking Retreats for Next Year
« on: 15:44:44, 18/08/17 »
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to attend a walking break next year in Scotland, as I love the scenery and routes that surround the Stirling area, and would love to find somewhere that provides accommodation, meals, and possibly guides. I am not the most experienced of ramblers, which is why I am ideally looking to join a group of similar minded people.

Does anyone have any ideas of companies that might be good, or guest houses that provides this sort of holiday? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Tim O0

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking Retreats for Next Year
« Reply #1 on: 18:09:32, 18/08/17 »
I've never known B&Bs to do guided walks personally although they may have a list of walks that can be done from their door.  There are a few companies out there that do guided walking holidays - google "guided walking holidays".  Be warned though, the prices can seem expensive at first glance!

Also, have a look at the Classified Ads in walking magazines... loads of companies there offering guided or self guided walking holidays.

One thing I did read in Country Walking magazine a good while ago was a canal boat / walking holiday doing the Great Glen Way.  You "live" on the boat at night and walk the Way during the day...guided walking in a group and all you need to carry is a day pack as all your changes of clothes, toiletries, etc. can be kept on the boat.  I quite fancied that myself which is why it stuck in my mind!

(though it might not be as near to the Stirling area as you'd like  ???  )  

sparnel

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking Retreats for Next Year
« Reply #2 on: 20:18:45, 18/08/17 »
Try HF Holidays Walkchamp............they have a great base in the form of a very comfortable large house near Glencoe (in North Ballachulish to be exact). They do guided walks with the comfort of dinner, B&B in the evening.
Always fancy staying there myself.
Mel is probably referring to the cruise barge 'Fingal of Caledonia'.  Cruise, walk, eat, drink, sleep on/along the Great Glen Way.
Sparnel

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy