Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276195 times)

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #30 on: 17:05:33, 21/09/16 »
Just got back from a walk with Mrs. DD around Trenchford, Tottiford & Kennick Reservoirs, near Bovey Tracey.  Once out of the car park we didn't see a soul all afternoon.  The middle reservoir (Tottiford) was completely empty, looks like they have drained it for some reason.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 20:39:56, 21/09/16 »
I walked in some lovely countryside between Bexhill and Hastings today  -  much more scenic than it looked from the map!  -  and returned to Bexhill along the coast, which has some low, sandy cliffs.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 21:05:31, 21/09/16 »
Was out around Bury Hill, great views of the Downs from there  O0
Where there's a will ...

- Dave -

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 13:20:12, 22/09/16 »
From the car park to work and back. A solid 1 mile
I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 18:39:31, 22/09/16 »
From the car park to work and back. A solid 1 mile

A nice long walk for you then.  ;D
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

Hedgetrimmer

« Reply #35 on: 18:47:12, 22/09/16 »
Did the Coledale round today (short version: Grisedale Pike, Hopegill Head, Crag Hill, Sail, from Braithwaite village). Longest one I've done since getting back to walking, finding it easier each time  :)

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 19:05:51, 22/09/16 »
Snowdon today. Pyg track was surprisingly quiet considering it was a nice, sunny afternoon.

keithie

« Reply #37 on: 19:46:15, 22/09/16 »
Black Hill in Peak District today ...clear & sunny & surprisingly busy ...met 5 groups (2 of which had at least a dozen folk) in the 3-4mile wander along the PW from & back to Wessenden Head. I thought it was supposed to be open peat bog...almost all heather & grasses...good day to be up there though.

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 10:45:06, 23/09/16 »
Did a 5 mile off road jog throught the woods and fields yesterday, lovely and sunny! Met a chap and his wife who leave out food for the birds. The last time I saw him was last summer and he was so ill then, throwing up, abdominal pains and so on. Yesterday he was beaming and looked so well. He had had kidney stones and his gall bladder removed. Whilst we were chatting at an old bridge over a local stream we saw two Kingfishers darting back and forth, made my day.

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 11:00:41, 23/09/16 »
Black Hill in Peak District today ... I thought it was supposed to be open peat bog...almost all heather & grasses...good day to be up there though.

The summit of Black Hill is great testament to what the moorland restoration team have achieved - looking at old pictures of the ground around the trig you would hardly believe it was the same place.

As for weekday walking, I'm off for a wander around Howden Moor this afternoon.

Hedgetrimmer

« Reply #40 on: 14:39:21, 23/09/16 »
There seem to be more people walking during the week than on weekends! Maybe I'll go back to weekends, might be a bit quieter  ;D

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 15:04:04, 23/09/16 »
As it's Friday, and I'm not sure I'll get any walking in this weekend, I'll report that I had a quick stroll up Aira Force today and then on to High Force.

Might go back on Sunday and walk Gowbarrow (again!) if the weather's dry - just love the views of Ullswater from there.

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 15:18:01, 23/09/16 »
As it's Friday, and I'm not sure I'll get any walking in this weekend, I'll report that I had a quick stroll up Aira Force today and then on to High Force.

Might go back on Sunday and walk Gowbarrow (again!) if the weather's dry - just love the views of Ullswater from there.

But isn't the question about walking during the week :-\

I tend to walk pretty locally to home in the week, I like to walk from my house and see where the mood takes me. I did miss out on a walk on the beach at Charmouth yesterday as I have been struck down by a case of aeroplane lurgy, especially a horribly sore throat, which often happens to me after flying.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

PeakRambler

« Reply #43 on: 15:30:35, 23/09/16 »
Wednesday I was trying to walk while at the hospital physio session....  :-\

The first time I've been able to walk more than a few metres without any discomfort.  O0

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 16:58:30, 23/09/16 »

Well I was counting Friday as during the week, but totally admit to sneaking a potential weekend walk in too!

Is Friday officially the weekend for the purposes of this thread?!  8)

But isn't the question about walking during the week :-\

I tend to walk pretty locally to home in the week, I like to walk from my house and see where the mood takes me. I did miss out on a walk on the beach at Charmouth yesterday as I have been struck down by a case of aeroplane lurgy, especially a horribly sore throat, which often happens to me after flying.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy