Author Topic: Ridgeway walk  (Read 1120 times)

celtica

Ridgeway walk
« on: 18:39:25, 30/04/09 »
Hello all found this forum while searching for info on camping while hiking the Ridgeway walk. My partner and I plan to do it sometime.

We have been walking in the Snowdon and North Wales area and are trying to build up our walking so as to be able to tackle a long walk. This forum looks like it will be a mine of information on all things. Look forward to sharing with you all. :)
Merry meet and merry part.

Yomper

• Account Closed
Re: Ridgeway walk
« Reply #1 on: 19:25:40, 30/04/09 »
Hello & welcome Celtica  :)

Great name BTW  ;)

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:15:58, 01/05/09 »
Hi and welcome. The Ridgeway is lovely, we walked it a few years ago - did it the easy way though with B&B and luggage transfers!
~
Sue

celtica

« Reply #3 on: 18:51:07, 01/05/09 »
Thank you for the welcomes to the forum.
going to have a few practices with shorter walks first to make sure we are up to the longer treck.
Looking forward sharing our experiences.

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 07:24:28, 02/05/09 »
going to have a few practices with shorter walks first to make sure we are up to the longer treck.
Looking forward sharing our experiences.

We did that before our walk as we were only occasional weekend walkers when we decided to tackle it. We walked every weekend and took time off work for a mid-week walk for the 2 or 3 weeks beforehand. I have a report on our walk starting http://www.whitehorsewalking.co.uk/ridgeway1.htm
~
Sue

celtica

« Reply #5 on: 20:17:46, 02/05/09 »
I think you have probably done it the sensible way.
We have decided to really challeng ourselves and camp along the way, looking at some of the threads on the forum we may have to do some wild camping.  :idiot2:
We have done a practice walk today in Wales with all our kit and are very pleased with ourselves. We did seven miles. So the next  Bank holiday weekend we want to do two days together with some longer walks.
some lovely photos by the way. :)

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 08:04:39, 03/05/09 »
I think you have probably done it the sensible way.
We have decided to really challeng ourselves and camp along the way, looking at some of the threads on the forum we may have to do some wild camping.  :idiot2:

I don't recall seeing a single campsite en route - I think people have wild-camped but it's not the most suitable walk for that. But where there's a will, there's a way.

We have done a practice walk today in Wales with all our kit and are very pleased with ourselves. We did seven miles. So the next  Bank holiday weekend we want to do two days together with some longer walks.

If you get plenty of practice it'll be fine. And I expect you're more used to walking hilly areas than us - it's not too challenging in that respect. How long are you planning to take for the whole walk?

some lovely photos by the way. :)

Thank you.
 :D

~
Sue

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy