Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276198 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #960 on: 11:16:28, 25/12/19 »
Just about to go for a family Christmas Day walk up Hampsfell :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #961 on: 14:38:39, 28/12/19 »
Nice little walk on Beverley Westwood yesterday.

I wrote about it HERE if anyone has 5 minutes of their life they don't want back!

;)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #962 on: 18:14:43, 01/01/20 »
My New Year's Day walk was the Seven Sisters.  Overcast and a bit misty but it didn't rain, and after a few weeks of just rural fringe and urban walking it was great to be out in the countryside     :)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #963 on: 18:33:26, 01/01/20 »
Took a walk into Fur Tor on Christmas Day before lunch. What  a beautiful day that was and glad I took a pair of trainers to ford the Tavy. O0

Boxing day, rather foggy. Headed up Brown Willy on Bodmin Moor.

New Years eve, Jogged my usual route, out from Minions to Sharp tor via the cheese ring.  Bumped into one of our young test engineers, walking with friends.  He looked at me as though he thought me the mad crazy fool.  Hee Hee.  ;D

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #964 on: 15:46:57, 05/01/20 »
Just had a fast paced walk near where I live. Hopwood & its surrounds. No special gear just small bag, water and wore my work shoes, which are truly comfy as long as there is no rain..it was all road or pavement but half of it through a very rural area...lovely. Only out for 1 1/2 hours but covered 6 miles.
Returned to find my dinner in the oven waiting. I`m glad it wasn`t in the dog. :)
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #965 on: 20:38:36, 05/01/20 »
Out walking more of the wagonways in North Tyneside. These Wagonways were the lines that carried the coals down to the staithes on the Tyne. As the pits closed the lines either rusted back to nature or were lifted. They have been turned into public walkways. 30 miles worth in the Borough of North Tyneside.
BWW may be fascinated to learn of public rights of way that originated not from pedestrian use but from the decline of industrial transport.
Too little, too late, too bad......

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #966 on: 00:05:09, 06/01/20 »
Mrs G and I took an early long weekend up to Bletchley Park on Thursday. A fascinating place and we'll worth the entrance fee.  Then on Saturday we visited Stowe and enjoyed several miles meandering around the many folly's on the estate, as well as a tour around the house/school.  We both love Capability Brown's work, so it was good to see where he learnt his trade.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #967 on: 10:15:43, 06/01/20 »
Capability Brown may have had his first independant commission in Stowe but he learned his trade in Kirkharle, Northumberland.
Too little, too late, too bad......

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #968 on: 10:38:43, 11/01/20 »
I’ve done a lot of walking since New Year both in the White & Dark Peak. Too many to list atm! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Warbler

« Reply #969 on: 18:56:20, 21/01/20 »
Had a walk around Ashley Walk Bombing Range in the New Forest today. Although this area is obviously now "rewilded", there is lots of evidence surrounding it's former usage during WW2.

For those with an interest in this sort of stuff, here's some info...

http://www.thenewforestguide.co.uk/history/new-forest-explosives/ashley-walk-bombing-range/

Bright blue skies today for a change, and all muddy sections nicely hardened from overnight frost.....which was nice.

An abundance of ponies and deer too.

« Last Edit: 19:02:18, 21/01/20 by Warbler »

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #970 on: 19:57:59, 21/01/20 »
Due to a damaged calf muscle or ligament, I've not been walking for a few days and have just experienced three days with no pain. My test is walking up and down our stairs. So today decided to go for the mile walk, within a mile my pain was back. Oh well back to the drawing board!

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #971 on: 20:16:39, 21/01/20 »
I have been going through much the same with knee ligaments.  Try strapping to support the limb then elevate the limb and use an ice compress for around 30 min after.  For my knee I use a neoprene brace and I have a gel pack with an elastic bandage.
Solvitur Ambulando

strawy

« Reply #972 on: 20:59:47, 21/01/20 »
Reeth(Yorkshire)searching for a geocache,lovely sunny day but a very chilly wind up high,cut my planned walk to a shorter 7 miles,a welcome picnic stop in a shooters hut,love it when these things are left un-locked  O0

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #973 on: 21:02:47, 21/01/20 »
Reeth(Yorkshire)searching for a geocache,lovely sunny day but a very chilly wind up high,cut my planned walk to a shorter 7 miles,a welcome picnic stop in a shooters hut,love it when these things are left un-locked  O0
  I have found the odd one that has a room left unlocked while the main part is locked up tight.  The hut on the PW just N of the A66 was one such.
Solvitur Ambulando

strawy

« Reply #974 on: 22:30:52, 21/01/20 »
  I have found the odd one that has a room left unlocked while the main part is locked up tight.  The hut on the PW just N of the A66 was one such.
That would be the 1 in Deepdale,signed the "wall", i think its very nice that the estates leave a little section open,sometimes its a very welcoming shelter,respect it and leave it tidy  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy