Author Topic: Chee dale and the smell of beef  (Read 5511 times)

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: Chee dale and the smell of beef
« Reply #15 on: 11:18:37, 13/08/16 »
Think the best bet for public transport is to walk from Buxton along the Wye............which is one walk I aint done. You can still do chee dale, but there will be lots of miles involved!!!
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 13:16:09, 13/08/16 »
Cheers, I just took a look at that on the map - it's not really clear if there's a path along the Wye from Buxton and haven't found much in the way of info online. Might be a trip for me and the OH in the car one afternoon rather than a long solo walk. Mind you, we're planning on moving over that way next year so I suppose it'll be easier to ramble out and just explore then.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 20:21:58, 13/08/16 »
I've walked in Chee Dale, accessing it by bus. The Transpeak and the 65/66/68 buses go to that area from Buxton. Here's a link to the timetables and a route map

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/

The walk through Millers Dale and Water-cum-Jolly Dale is lovely too    :)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 21:26:14, 13/08/16 »
Lovely pics, I don't know there I must try to investigate next time I am in Buxton.  O0

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 17:21:18, 21/10/16 »
Thanks for posting this walk Pleb. It gave me the impetus to finally walk Chee Dale today although I had scheduled it for a few weeks back.

As I walked I hummed the old hippopotamus song. Mud, mud, glorious mud. How I didn't slide into the river I'm still working out!

But a really enjoyable few hours with the autumn colours just coming through. Recommended.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 10:25:14, 22/10/16 »
No probs.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

kevilsonlad

« Reply #21 on: 23:15:43, 16/11/16 »
Absolutely love Chee Dale walks its such lovely walk . I`ve a few friends along chee dale and they loved it too

PeakRambler

« Reply #22 on: 18:04:16, 17/11/16 »
Superb photos and TR.

I'm missing getting out to the dales, hills and moors of the Peak District, so it was great to see Chee Dale photos again.

Hopefully the end of next year, I'll be able to start walking again, once my leg has healed after a major rebuild.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy