Author Topic: TR from the invalid: Bitts Park and Rickerby Park Sun 5 Nov 17  (Read 1797 times)

April

• Veteran Member
We had a little saunter out on Sunday. I'm recovering from my spinal op so I can't do very much for the time being. We got the bus into Carlisle and walked to Bitts Park, meandered through the park then went under the A7 and into Rickerby Park. We had some lunch there sitting in the sunshine  and very nice it was too, Beefy took the pictures with my camera.   

In Bitts Park

A fisherman in the river Eden

Me in Bitts Park

The river Eden

Me in Bitts Park

Eden Bridge from Bitts Park

In Bitts Park

In Bitts Park

The Riven Eden from Eden Bridge

Rickerby Park

Me in the gardens in Rickerby Park

Very nice autumn colours

Me in Rickerby Park

Thanks for taking the pics beefy  O0

I hope to be a bit better and able to travel to Keswick on Saturday to do a short walk with a very long stop for lunch in the middle.
Hate will never win

beefy

• Veteran Member
Very nice Ape  O0
I'm pleased how the pics turned out lovely autumn colours
So well be back wild camping this weekend then lol  ;D
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Lovely to see you out and about. Nice photos Beefy.

I don't know what they did to you in that hospital but in this picture you look like a Borrower.

April

• Veteran Member
I'm pleased how the pics turned out lovely autumn colours

You aren't bad at this photography malarkey are you?  :)

So well be back wild camping this weekend then lol  ;D

:( I wish we were. No it will be back home to watch Strictly  :D

I don't know what they did to you in that hospital but in this picture you look like a Borrower.

;D
Hate will never win

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Glad you were able to enjoy a stroll in the lovely autumn sunshine April     :)     Gorgeous autumnal colours 

adalard

• Veteran Member

;D

Lovely photos, April.  O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
Gorgeous autumn colours - walks don't have to be long or arduous to be beautiful.
Hope the convalescence is speedy and all successful.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

pleb

• Veteran Member
Nice there, innitt?  O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Lakeland Lorry

Lovely photos.   I've been going to Carlisle for years, but I never knew that Bitts Park and Rickerby Park were that nice.   I'll have to have a chat with my friends who live in Carlisle about meeting up and doing a little walk through both parks one day.

Good luck with your recovery April, and looking forward to bumping into both of you out on the Lakeland fells somewhere soon.

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
Great pics April.  Enjoy your convalescence.   O0

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Nice photos (as always)  O0

Would I be correct in thinking that Rickerby Park is where the Hadrians Wall Path passes through, near the cenotaph? I remember it being lovely and colourful as I passed through it before coming of the Hadrians Wall path into Carlisle city centre.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

April

• Veteran Member
Thanks Dovegirl and Adalard  O0 Beefy took the photos though not me  :)

Hope the convalescence is speedy and all successful.

Thanks Jac, I hope it is speedy, I'm bored already   ;D

Nice there, innitt?  O0

It is nice  O0

I'll have to have a chat with my friends who live in Carlisle about meeting up and doing a little walk through both parks one day.

There is a footpath along the river all the way to the M6 that connects the two parks. The Memorial suspension bridge is closed in Rickerby Park at the moment but you can cross the river at Eden Bridge instead.

Good luck with your recovery April, and looking forward to bumping into both of you out on the Lakeland fells somewhere soon.

Thank you Lakeland Lorry, I do hope to bump into you very soon  :) My legs are feeling "normal" again after a few months of not having full strength in them  O0

Enjoy your convalescence.   O0

Thanks Penygadair but I am very impatient to be better again so I'm not enjoying it  ;)

Would I be correct in thinking that Rickerby Park is where the Hadrians Wall Path passes through, near the cenotaph? I remember it being lovely and colourful as I passed through it before coming of the Hadrians Wall path into Carlisle city centre.

It is indeed on the Hadrians Wall Path. Rickerby and Bitts parks are well looked after by the council and May and June are particularly good colour months in Bitts Park. They are nice all year round too, especially at the minute with the autumnal colours  O0

Hate will never win

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Aw, lovely photos!  Good to see you out enjoying the sunshine 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

April

• Veteran Member
Thanks Sunnydale  :)
Hate will never win

gary m

• Veteran Member
Lovely photos. Hope you are getting better april
you have 1 life live it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy